Chapter Fifteen

As John was spilling out all the news of being a future father to the devil, Paul and George decided to take a stroll around hell, the latter wanting to rediscover his old home after hearing stories of what it was like.

"Wow, all this time we thought this place had screams of torment with vile demons torturing them for sinning." Paul remarked. "Why would they lie to us? We were treated well when we came here.. Here..... We need to make sure the high angels don't find out!"

"Oh? But he loves us, there's no reason why the other angels would treat us differently just for going down into hell."

"Yeah but you know how harsh they are towards sinners, you've seen how they thrown whoever goes against the rules of heaven down here.."

"I know Paul, but don't worry. Our lips are sealed and no one's gonna know that we were down in hell, or that I'm a demon who happens to have angel blood. But it's just us down here, no other angel aside from Brian is here."

"Yeah, I guess so. Azrael is here too, don't you think he'll tell anyone?"

"He can visit hell whenever he likes, I'm sure he's seen how the demons really act whenever he brings the sinners down here." George assured Paul, stroking his hair. "Besides, you're the virtue of charity. They wouldn't want to do anything to one of the seven holy virtues."

However, it seems they weren't the only ones who had arrived in the depths of hell. "Oh my, this is very interesting indeed."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So it seems Paul has betrayed his own kind for demons? There is no greater crime for a virtue!"

"But what of George? We can't allow him back up here with demon blood running through his veins."

"Leave him there, when Paul returns have his wings clipped! He shall be thrown down to earth, just as mortal as the human he was supposed to watch over!"

Smirking, the formless higher Angels waited as the two young Angels returned from their trip down in hell. They would have never guessed a simple mission to watch over a sin would have lead to them deciding to side with the demons. "A shame we had to let Paul go so soon, he was doing so well as Charity, but it's obvious we'll need to find a successor for him now. Tell Brian to assign him to new little angels."

----------------------------------------------------------

"Wait.. Is that Paul?"

Hours later when it was time for the couple to return to earth, it was odd that Paul had to return so soon. But he was laying motionless on the dark street, nude and bleeding from the back. "Call the hospital John!"

"No time for that, I'll have to fix him up myself. Someone must have attacked him on his way back."