Chapter One

As Richard was approaching his house, he didn't notice some shadows in the nearby alleyway. "Hey there little man, where you off to in such a hurry?" A voice called.

"Um.. I just gotta head home, it's dark out." The blue eyed man muttered, trying to move away from the voice. But he was grabbed and pulled into the dark. "Hey! Lemme go!!"

"Your money or your life shorty." A mugger sneered, pulling out a jackknife. "Ain't nobody for miles around here."

Or that's what he thought, turns out a certain pudgy undercover demon was making his way to his own home. That is until he heard Richard's screams, he knew whatever was nearby definitely was going to be on the Devil's list of hell's newcomers. "If they ain't armed I can take 'em no problem."

Waddling into the alley, he was instantly met with three muggers and a passed out Ringo. "And just what do you think you're doing?"

"None of your business far as we're concerned, get lost!"

"Well while I'm here, I think it is my business." John smirked, preparing to take off his ring in case things escalated. "You just got knives? I've dealt with worse."

The three attempted to surround him, but what they didn't think was they'd be up against a sin. His large belly bumped them all away, grinning alongside it's master. "Now, leave that guy and maybe you can be spared a terrible fate."

"R.. Run!!" Smirking at a job well done, John reverted back to his human form and picked up the still unconscious Richard. "Looks like he won't wake up for a while now, I should take him to my place."

-----------------

Once he finally awoke, Richard was shocked to find himself in someone else's bed. "Ah! Where am I?" Getting out from under the covers, he slowly made his way to the kitchen where a plump younger man was kneeding bread dough. "Um.. Hello?"

"Looks like you're finally awake. Took quite a beating last night." John smiled, waddling over to him. "Name's John."

"Oh.. Is it already tomorrow? Ah! My Mum must be so worried! I call her every night, I didn't-"

"Hey, it's alright. You can use my phone. I bet you care for her a lot."

"I do.. She's the only family I got. I can't lose her so soon."

"Oh.. Well, don't lose faith, there's still a chance she can survive."

"I know, but not without a bunch of expensive treatments. I work overtime just to pay each of her bills."

John couldn't help but feel pity for the older man, he placed a pudgy hand on his shoulder. "I can offer you some cash, least I could do after seeing ya all beat up."

"I really don't-"

"I insist, your ma needs it more than I do."

"Well.. She does.. You're being so nice to me, and we only just met."

"I don't even know your name yet."

"Oh right! I'm Richard."

"Richard hm? Got a lot of rings on ya. Mind if I call you Ringo?"

"Ringo?. I was thinking of selling these to help pay, but these belong to my family.."

"Keep 'em. They obviously mean a lot to you."

"Alright."

Checking out the kitchen counter, Ringo noticed plenty of different pastry doughs sitting on the counter. "You some kind of baker?"

"Yep! The chocolate croissants are a big seller here. You want one?"

"If you don't mind, I haven't had anything to eat for hours now."