Chapter Ten

High above the clouds was the eternal paradise known as heaven, or Jannah to some. Now that the two angels were certain that the gluttonous Johnny and his boyfriend mean no harm, they found no use remaining on earth and returned home. The lesser angels, shown as bright balls of light were there to greet them immediately, among them was Jibril, the personal messenger to the big man himself.

"The demon down there proved his innocence, the devil didn't send him down to encourage others to sin." George announced. "Bet you got some good news for us too, since you're always the one to come around and keep the humans happy."

"Your caretaker is awaiting you, and it seems you both had trouble keeping your weight down. Especially you, you should restrain yourself better like Charity." Jibril remarked, rolling them down the cloudy hills and over to a young angel. "Brian, your boys have returned, but they're in dire need for your care. Take them to the springs and cleanse them, he still has his eye on the sin down there."

Before you ask, why yes! This is the same Brian from all the way back in the beginning of the story, he was the one chosen to be Ringo's guardian angel once his two little virtues grew up and could live on their own. "Oh my.. It seems like you both had the time of your lives while you were down there. Hopefully that demon wasn't causing too much trouble."

"Nah, he's a fat glutton but harmless enough. How did you even know he was a demon? That was some convincing disguise he had on right there."

"Well I have had a run in with some fierce demons in the past, I can now tell one from a mile away. I'm just glad you boys aren't hurt, but it does seem like you may need to go on a diet for a while. I'll make you some nice pasta while you both bathe." He smiled, rolling his boys over to a hot spring.

"But I don't really feel dirty.." George remarked.

"I meant literally, you got dust all over your nice new wings." Brian joked, but when he left his smile faded. "Another sin, and he still doesn't know.. It's for the best I suppose, but it still doesn't seem right."

"Eppy? You feeling alright?"

"Ah! Oh, it's just you George M. It's about little George. After what happened while he and Charity, well, he now prefers Paul were down there."

"Has something to do with that sin doesn't it?"

"In a way really.. But he didn't hurt him, nor did anything happen in return."

Geo M was about to respond when the round angels came bouncing back, soaking wet but sparkling clean. "So when we gonna eat? All that cake can go through one's digestive system real quick."

"Right right! Better get to it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once their bellies had been filled, Paul and George settled in for the night. "So what's this about George? You seemed pretty worried about him when he and Paul were assigned to watch Gluttony."

"He's closer to John than he may think. Have you heard the whole story of the seven sins?"

"Ah yes, after Lucifer assumed control over Hell, he settled down and had seven eggs with a goat demon. They each hatched into a deadly sin, Lust being the first, then came Pride, afterwards was Wrath, Avarice, Envy, Sloth and Gluttony were hatched together."

"Not just them, there was a youngest. But Lucifer was to have no more than seven children, especially if the eighth was half angel."

"Eighth sin.. That would be Despair, you don't mean-"

"He was taken and sent up to heaven, raised alongside Charity. He doesn't know about his past, about his seven older brothers and sisters down there, but I think he should know if he sees Gluttony again."