Chapter Seventeen

"Aah, looks like another one has fallen."

"What, the former virtue? There's no way he'll want to join us, he still thinks Heaven will let him back in."

"Not for long, he's vulnerable at the moment. He'll soon find out that his superiors were the ones who attacked, the very angels who took him in and treated him so well. He trusted them with his afterlife only for them to turn on him because of such a small incident, then he'll become one of us."

"One who hunts angels and demons alike, those not on our side anyways. Our master will be so proud to have a former virtue leading his troops."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only a single day had passed since Paul was living with John and Ringo, but it felt like months since he last felt the fluffy clouds of heaven beneath his feet. Since he could last see the bright sun beaming down on his face, since he been without George. Even though he could talk to him for as long as he desired in the mirror, it just wasn't the same as being with him, as being able to hug him whenever he was down or comforting him if he got hurt.

"Must have been some demons following up after us, trying to sneak into heaven and attack! No.. The demons down there didn't seem to mind, they were a bit anxious seeing a virtue, but they warmed up. But who else could it have been? Any angels?.. No it couldn't be! They were so kind and loving to us, they must have known Georgie was half demon when Brian took him in to be my little brother. How could him finding out about his past lead them to kick us both out?.. Hm, maybe Brian could know?"

Meanwhile back downstairs the couple could overhear the entire conversation Paul was having to himself up in his room. "Y'know, we really ought to do something for Paul, he's been so glum ever since he can't go back to Heaven."

"But what? I don't think he'll be interested in setting up a baby room, and he hasn't touched any of your pastries ever since he woke up."

"Hm, hey isn't your boss having a Hanukkah party? Maybe that can lighten his mood a little."

"Oh yeah! Brian's the best boss in the whole world, I bet he'd know just what to do to cheer him up. I'll go invite him right away!"

Dashing up the stairs, Ringo found Paul staring out the window, watching as the dark clouds receded and the sun returned. "Back home it was always sunny." He muttered.

"I bet it was nice. Anyways, Paul? John and I were wondering if you'd like to go to a party."

"A.. Party?"

"Yeah! Eppy, my boss is throwing a big Hanukkah party and John and I were hoping it was just the thing to help you out of your slump."

"Eppy?. As in Brian Epstein? Nah it couldn't be.. Then again he seemed to be in a rush to get back home once he heard Ringo and John were coming down as well... Only one way to find out."

"Well?"

"Yeah! I think it would be nice to get out of the house."

"Great!! I better go call him."