Chapter Eleven

(Asa's POV)

I was pissed.

Maybe not exactly pissed, but I was angry.

Why?

Well, I get home from school and see that I can't get in.

Why?

A large number of bikes were blocking the entrance and some were parked in my spot. I parked on the street and walked in.

I saw unfamiliar men and women almost everywhere. Some were hanging out on the steps leading up to my place. Some were sitting on their bikes smoking. Some were sitting at the picnic tables drinking and smoking.
A majority of them though were inside with everyone I was familiar with.

"You don't look like you belong here." A man said once I got inside.

He was holding a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other. His vest said Vice President of Reapers MC.

Just when I thought I couldn't get more annoyed some drunk guy tried to move between us, smacked right into me, and spilled his beer.

Where did it spill?

All over my shirt.

"My bad." He laughed before continuing on his way.

The man in front of me smirked.

"Asa!" Grizzly suddenly called when he saw me.

"You know him?" The VP asked.

"Asa? Yeah, he's...." he trailed off because at that moment I pulled off my shirt.

I could feel the beer starting to make me sticky and I was now pissed. I balled up my shirt and used it to wipe my chest and abdomen. Eyes were immediately drawn to the marks on my body.

My dad and another unfamiliar man walked out of one of the rooms moments later. He saw me and instantly came over with guy right behind him.

"Whoever the f*ck is blocking my path to my door needs to move. Whoever the f*ck is blocking my parking spot also needs to f*cking move. This f*cker VP who keeps staring at me needs to knock it the f*ck off." I growled out at my dad.

"You know who you're talking to?" The VP asked, puffing his chest out and stepping closer.

"Last I checked, he was my father and you're just a visitor."

"Father?" The man that walked over with my dad asked.

I read his vest and it said President of Reapers MC.

"I forgot to tell you, didn't I?" Dad asked me. He had an apologetic look on his face.

"It would appear so." I said.

"I'm sorry." Dad said.

"You live here?" The President asked.

I just gave him a look.

"You're not wearin' a vest so you're not patched in. Only patched members and prospects can live within the compound." He explained.

"Is this your compound? Did you write the f*cking MC rule book?" I asked.

"You've got quite the attitude." The VP said.

"You have no idea," Grizzly chuckled. "But he grows on you after a while. Kind of like a fungus."

"They'll be visiting with us for a few weeks." Dad explained, ignoring Grizzly.

"For business purposes?"

He nodded.

"Staying here?"

"The ones we have room for. Others will be at the hotel down the street." He said just as my phone started to ring.

I looked down at my watch to see that it was Aurora.

I looked back up the....head Reaper and threw my soiled t-shirt at him.

"Keep your men off my f*cking steps and out of my parking spot. Unlike my father, I don't have the time or patience to deal with it."

I walked back outside, got back into my car, and headed for Aurora's house. I'd come back after it was dark. Like I said, I didn't have the patience to deal with them at that moment.

Not after the day I'd had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Jameson's POV)

Knox chuckled once Asa left.

"That boy of yours....."

"I know." I sighed.

He slung Asa's shirt over his shoulder abs shook his head. "Didn't even know you had a kid."

"It never came up." I shrugged.

"Why ain't he patched in?" Knox's VP, Onyx, asked.

"Doesn't want to be. Ain't real fond of....authority."

"I gotta give to him, he's got some balls. Only a select few of people have ever spoken to me the way he just did and continued to live afterwards." Knox said.

"Hasn't ever had a filter and hasn't ever really listened to me."

"My father would've whipped me. F*ck, my wife's father would've whipped me." He laughed.

"Tried that when he was a kid. Didn't work. Usually you spank your kid and they may cry or act like they're going to cry. Asa? Didn't say a word, didn't change facial expressions, didn't do anything but stare at us and give us the silent treatment. Eventually, we just stopped because it wasn't doing anything."

"Most kids like that grow up and start doin' illegal shit. You're in the business and the world of illegal shit, but he stays out of it?"

"Gotta be into something with scars like that." Onyx said.

"People gets scars all types of ways."

"And the tattoo? He doesn't seem like the tattoo type."

"Tattoo? What tattoo?" I asked.

"One of your guys didn't do it? I only saw a small part of it sticking out from his waistband, but it was definitely a tattoo."

I looked at Grizzly and he shook his head.

"Don't know nothing. Remember, none of us had ever seen him shirtless until a few days ago." He said.

"What? Why?"

"People seeing and knowing about the scars would lead to questions. As you saw, my son doesn't like people asking or telling him anything. Especially when it comes to his personal business."

Knox laughed. "You know, there's a guy I know who would get along really well with him. A silent f*cker who is scary as f*ck. Crazy smart too. Only person the Devil has ever owed."