chapter 1

"Hey honey, can you go to the store. I'm gonna need the stuff to make spaghetti tomorrow." I could hear my mom yell from downstairs. Her smile is evident in her voice. I bolted out of my bed but in the process, my grip on my phone faltered and fell to the ground. 

"noooo." screaming while scrambling after my phone before cradling it in my arms checking for scratches or cracks on the screen. The corner of the case was scratched and had a tiny dent but other than that it was good. 

Not soon after my door flung open with my mom in the doorway. "What happened." Holding my phone up in both hand as if it was Simba from the lion king.

"It's alive." My mom was confused till she put the pieces together and laughed at me. I treated this phone like my baby, although I did just drop it. This phone is always on me and I never let its battery die. "I'll to the store right away now." finally get off my knees and putting on my shoes, I slithered past my mom in the doorway. She grabbed my arm and put 50 dollars into my hand.

" forgetting something." I thanked her and ran down the stairs. "I'll send you the list of ingredients to you." 

When I put my hand on the front door handle a shiver went up my spine and a wave of discomfort and fear washed over me. Taking this as I sign I ran to my mom who was coming down the stairs. Hugging her waist since the height difference from the stairs.

"I love you, mom. Thank you for everything." Of course, this sudden love confession put her off but I didn't care. I listen to my gut feelings and it's telling me something is going to happen so better safe than sorry. 

Now finally out of the door and a few blocks down my phone's notification went off. Stopping and pulling it out, it was the list mom said she would send. Thinking nothing about it and putting it in my pocket but stopping mid-way through went my phone dinged again. this time it was the story solo leveling. I have been obsessing over it and whenever I finish the latest chapter I whine because I have to wait a week for it to update again. Debating if I should hold off till I'm back home or walk and read. I've been waiting for 7 days to read this chapter and you bet I'm gonna read it. I would soon regret that decision when I reached the end of the chapter. 

You know the stereotypical isekai anime where truck-Kun would come run the main character over and they get sent to another world. Yeah well, the same thing happened to me except for me it was car-chan who killed me. The last thing I could make out was blurs which I can only assume was people crowding the scene of my death. As I faded out and my head pounding only one thing crossed my mind, I didn't get my spaghetti but I did get to say I love you to my mom.

Opening my eyes in the hospital, I look around making sure it is in fact a hospital and not heaven. A doctor came in clipboard in hand. "Wow, You hunters really heal faster than others."

"Hunter?" I sit up in the bed to talk to him.

" Yeah, you are already ready for dismissal. Just sign here and you'll be off." Signing where he pointed at he handed me the pair of clothes I had on before. "Bye now." Ok, that's one weird doctor. I got up and began to change but I did note that nothings hurting and that I had no phone or wallet.

 A game window popped up in front of me and what it said made me want to scream

[welcome, {player}{daily quest} Preparing to become strong: has arrived] 

That's the same window Jin-woo had. Don't tell me I took his place in the story or something. If I got sent to solo leveling that means gates and hunters exist. My first goal is this quest.

[the system will help the 'player's growth] [if he fails to obey the system's orders, there may be a penalty] [your rewards have arrived] 

I already know what the penalty is from the stories. "check" the windows disappear and a new one came up