chapter 16

For Jin's sake, I got into the back seat of the car with Jin. typing on my phone letting Jin read it.

'Mrs. Selner won't help us. Her ability isn't what you think it is. In the end, all of this will be useless.' 

"How would you know that?" Whispering so the guy from earlier cant hear what he's saying.

'I just do. If I'm right and this little trip is pointless you have to compensate me.'

"Compensate You? With what? A date?" 

'You already agreed remember? Before the raid.' Confused at my text I grabbed his hand and put it on my thigh. We aren't alone so I can't do anything drastic, sadly. Jin's body became stiff as he realized what I meant. 

"Ji-Soo not here, not now." Even though he said that his grip on my thigh got tighter. 

"We arrived." Jin let go of my thigh to let me out. A tall skyscraper towered above us. The lounge area was sparkling. Too bad the only use for it was to walk through like a hallway. Heading up to the 15th floor with the guy I was never introduced to yet. Another blonde dude got up from his seat to shake Jin's hand but when he noticed me he gave me a weird look. 

"I am the deputy director, Michael Connor." 

"I'm Sung Jin-Woo, This is Jeong Ji-Soo." He went to give me a handshake but he makes it blatantly obvious that I'm not meant to be here
"Leave the translation to me." Taking a seat on the white sofa while Michael sat on the other white sofa across from us. Men in suits against the walls of the room. "I will be straightforward, Hunter Sung Jin-Woo. These are the papers for immigration to America." Smacking a tan folder filled with paperwork on the glass table that is placed between us and him. 

"They usually take one to two years to take care of but it's different for hunter Sung Jin-Woo. If you say the word, you can become an American citizen." 

"I came here because agent Adam told me that I can earn information. Increasing one's ability is that really possible?"

"To tell you the truth, the person with that ability is already here. Escort Mrs. Selner to the room." Jin looked over at me through the corner of his eyes with a straight face but his eyes are asking me how the hell did I know her. Moving closer to him whispering in his ear.

"Just wait till all this is over. When she grabs your hand she'll freak. We'll go out of this room empty-handed and I'll win this little game."

A lady with chocolate-colored skin and hair just as dark as Jin walked in. Dressed neatly in a tan suit and skirt with along brimmed hat.

"You may not believe it but once you experience it you'll have no choice but to cling on to it." leaning on the table right in front of Jin. It's as if I'm not here. "As you know, all awakeners have a limit. No one can exceed it. So unless you are reawakened, you will never be able to reach a higher rank."

"So Mrs. Selner."

"I have the ability to help others go past that limit. I can raise it by helping them go through three stages but I'm not certain on whether I should call it reawakening them by force or raising their potential."

"What she's saying is true. after using her abilities she has to rest for a long time so only a few awakeners can be chosen each year to earn the benefits." Micheal decided to pitch in and help the argument.

 Apparently, no one in this room has done their homework. They are only aiming at Jin when they should try aiming at me. Jin and I have been attached to the hip since the moment we met 6 months ago. If I wanted to go and begged Jin, he will most likely sign the papers but If you convince Jin and not me he won't.  I'm jin's partner in crime. I'm pretty much his support and where ever he lacks I pick up.