chapter 21

In the 2 hours, we had to wait for shadow exchange usage to wear off I answered all of Jin's questions he had. "First off what exactly is the fight between the monarchs and rulers?"

"Well to put it simply, in their heads, the monarchs are told to destroy humanity and the rulers to protect it. Each other getting in the way. When the rulers ask for help by the absolute being somewhat like a god, he told them no and to the rulers' dismay, it was all for his entertainment. All but one ruler went against the being to kill it. Ashborn was the only one who didn't."

"Ashborn?" 

"The one who made the system with the help of the architect. The abilities we use belong to him. You the shadow monarch and I the Fragment of Brilliant Light. He was a ruler but upon being betrayed he turned into a monarch. He was pretty strong too." 

The conversations went on like this till we went back to Japan to make it seem like we never left. On the plane ride home we just so happen to meet adam. Note the sarcasm. The plain only had two seated spots in which I and Jin sat together so Adam was in the seat on the other side of the aisle.

"I wonder what's the chances of meeting you here Adam." 

'You're not gonna claim this to be a coincidence I hope." Jin showed no emotion like normal while I was forcing a smile that didn't last long.

"We only met once, but you two still remember me. It's an honor to meet you both again. I know I shouldn't meet you without prior notice but I have an urgent matter to discuss." Any time someone talks to us it's an urgent matter. 

"Did the U.S fail to stop the S-Rank gate?"

"No that was taken care of with no problems." Passing over a laptop to Jin as I watched from the side. It was playing a video of firefighters putting out a fire in a panic. "The person who started the fire was Christopher red one of the national authority hunters. 1,800 firefighters and 14 top-level mage-type hunters to put it out. Christopher was dead when we found him. And this is the photo of the man who the hunter bureau suspects were responsible. Pulling a photo out of his suit jacket of Jin's father. Bad move dude.

Jin using the dominator's authority to restrict Adam's movement in the air and destroyed the laptop as well.  "Is this some kind of joke? You're not getting out of here alive."

"The man in the picture came out of a dungeon! It may not be the person you think it is! The magic energy he emitted matched that of A monster's and he attacked our S-Rank hunter without warning too. Do you know the explosion in the hunter bureau H.Q. the one on the news globally?" Adam's voice was strained as if he was being held at the neck.

"You're saying my father was behind it." 

Reaching for Jin's tense hand to make him stop. Seeming to work as Adam crashed to the ground coughing. 

"He beat down our hunters and disappeared. The bureau tried finding him in secret but haven't found him yet. According to his profile, he's most likely the culprit responsible for this. In this year's international guild conference they plan on issuing a red notice for this man. In other words, the investigation will no longer be kept a secret. They lost a national level hunter and they are prepared to do anything to capture the culprit. The bureau wants to keep good relations with you so I came here to inform you before the announcement." Kneeling on the ground in a cold sweat. At least he doesn't mean any harm.

"Ji-Soo?" Staring at the picture of his dad in his hands. I already know what he wants to know. 

"Adam you and the entire Bureau are wrong on everything. I can tell you now Jin-Woo's dad didn't kill him. And Jin -Woo, That is your biological father that came out of the gate, not a monster. Sung Il-Hwan 10 years ago got stuck in a gate after it closed. Hwang Dong-Su lied about him being a monster out of revenge for suspecting me and Jin-woo as the cause of his brother's death. He wanted a reason to attack and kill him so no he didn't attack your man without reason but out of self-defense. Also, this recent attack wasn't him either. If the Bureau is gonna send everything to catch the culprit then you might as well shut down and destroy the bureau since that's what's gonna happen. Even if they send every national and S rank in the whole world at the culprits they'll all die."