chapter 17

"You've been working hard." Walking into the new office we can clearly see Yu hard at work at the desk he set up.  The office isn't fully finished unpacked but it's getting there

"Hyung-Nim!" It seems our sudden arrival surprised Yu. 

"Did anything happen?" With the reply being no Jin slid the backpack off his shoulder and handed it to Yu. "You said we needed some money to establish the guild, right?"

"Aren't these greater magic cores? Did you clear a high-ranked gate? You two are incredible together. With this, we won't have to worry about paying the employee's salary! Hyung-nim have you decided on a guild name?"

"Ah, I thought It was important." The way Jin said that clearly tells us that he has no name in mind.

"It's a very very very crucial matter Hyun-nim!" Yu suddenly got serious all of a sudden. He came up with a variety of combinations of our names together for the guild name. 

"How about 'solo play guild'? Our guild is based on hunting solo anyways." Yu was stunned by the stupid idea of the name before his attention to me. 

"Noona what do you think? You are apart of this after all." The guild will become Ahjin guild but Jin-ah comes up with the name. I think it will become more special to us all if she names it. Shaking my head no as I played a game on my phone. "Noona you seem giddier than normal did something happen?"  Don't bring those memories back up. I mean I loved it but this is an office. 

Someone knocked on the door sending Yu to go and open it revealing Cha Hae-in standing there. "Why are you here hunter Cha?" 

"I want to join your guild." Girl, stay in the hunters guild. Jin's already taken I'm taking your place. Jin gestured to the couches to continue the conversation. I can hear her heartbeat rapidly meaning Jin can hear it too. Asking her why she wants to join she stayed silent trying to fan her blush. Jin is oblivious to others' expressions just like in the novel. 

Leaning on the couch behind Jin, Putting my phone in front of him so he doesn't have to turn and face me. 'You dunce. She clearly fell in love with you. She doesn't want to say it to your face.' I stared at Cha the entire time till I pulled away from the couch and went back to playing my game next to Yu.

Cha oblivious to what I typed came up with a lie to answer the question. "I want to live comfortably. Am I not allowed to?" 

Sighing, "There's actually an entrance test for our guild. It's a new policy, so our guild leader must have made a mistake." He sounds like he just wants this over with. Cha on the other hand Is filled with determination. The aura she's giving off is just telling me she won't leave with a no. I honestly wouldn't mind having Cha in the guild since she is strong but she has a crush on Jin. she might mess things up between us and I can't let that happen. 

"What kind of test is it?"

"It's to beat a summoning of our choosing."

"Hunter Sung Jin-Woo, is your evaluation of me that low? Which summon is it?"

"For you Hunter Cha Hae-in We'll pick our strongest." 

Jin and Cha stood up from their seats. Cha walked to the door. "When's the test?"

"Let's do it now. How about we do it at the association's gymnasium? You don't have to leave that way. there's an easier way to get there. Ji-Soo, Cha, come here." Doing as he says he pulled me this chest and put a hand on Cha's shoulder. "Exchange."  A black mist slowly encased us, dragging us into his shadow. Yu screamed for us as we disappeared in front of his eyes.

When she mist uncovered our eyes revealing the training room. "Oh yeah, I forgot my weapon. There should be a decent weapon to borrow in the storage. There are spare weapons here since it's a gym for hunters. They aren't great, but they're suitable for a spare."

"Will you be okay with that?" She nodded her head and getting into a fighting stance. "Igris. he's one of the best swordsmen among our soldiers. we'll keep going till my soldier is destroyed or until hunter Cha surrenders." He ended up giving him the demon king's long sword to Igris but Cha wiped the floor with him. It surprising since he gave JIn a hard time.

"Was that black knight really your strongest summon? Didn't you say that you'd call out your strongest? Summon him."

"You might get hurt."

"I want to fight him again. I saw it in person and the videos." 

Looking in my direction to see my worried face. Going against his instincts and compiling with Cha he summoned Beru.

"My liege, what shall I do with this person?" 

"Defeat her without harming her." Beru let out a scream breaking the lights causing the room to dim with light only passing the window. "Put those away. I won't let you go if she gets hurt." signaling to the claws on Beru's hands.

Beru got up and personal, dodging her attacks. Cha was clearly losing when she became out of breath. "I can keep going." Beru started to revert to his natural nature. Bring out his claws to shatter her weapon. I jumped in front of Cha grabbing Beru's hands. 

"Enough Beru. Jin told you to defeat her without bringing her harm. He also told you to put your claws away." Cha looked up at me in shock. "Cha you don't need to go this far. It's an entrance test for a guild that hasn't even been named. " 

Jin walked over after scolding Beru in the background. "This guild isn't worthy of you risking your life for it. So why are you going so far? Perhaps you're interested in me?" Sighing when she didn't reply.

The question finally hit. Finding the courage she opened her mouth, "Yes. I think so." The fact she actually said that out loud surprised even me. 

"Cha Hae-in." The atmosphere turned serious as they looked each other in the eyes. I'm absolutely terrified of what will happen next. I mean in the original those two get together. "I'm sorry but I already have a girlfriend and I don't plan on breaking it off." She looks heartbroken as she faces the ground. Deciding it was good to end the test here. Cha went home as so did we.

Time passed to the sun setting in an hour. Jin is taking his sweet time in the bathroom. Jin-ah and I were laying on the two couches. I have no clue what their mom is doing. "Sis? How do I look to you?"

"What about it?"

"Like How I look as a man?" Oh god. I remember this scene. I don't even need to look back at them to see what's happening.

"Where did you get that unfounded confidence? To me, you look like a bum. Besides, why are you asking me? Your girlfriend is right over there. Ask her."  Not looking from my phone I throw up a thumbs up. 

"Thanks, Babe." Voiced full of sarcasm. Walking over to where I was laying picking my legs up so he doesn't sit on them then put them on his lap. "Oh yeah, I'm thinking about creating a guild." Getting interested she puts her phone down a bit to look at Jin next to me.

"Oh! are people going to call you 'boss' now?"

"If it goes well. What do you think about solo play as the guild name?"

"Are you kidding? Why would you name your guild that? Your ability is summoning those shadows soldiers and you always fight with Ji-Soo. Technically you're not solo. How about Ahjin guild? Ah meaning I, jin meaning To go forwards. It's also my name backward." Jin looked to me, possibly getting my opinion on it

"I like it. It has a meaning and it's personal since it's your sister's name and she came up with it."

"Did she just talk!" Now sitting up on the couch. "I've been able to just never did." 

"Why have you been mute if you been able to talk?" 

"I've been wondering that too."

Looking between the two a few times before answering. "To prevent it from changing." This just made them both confused. Staring into the distance at nothing particular, "Some things changed already just by me being here." Before they can ask anymore I walked to the room Jin and I share.

1494 words.