Chapter 37

I sat on the bench watching Jin run laps around the guys. I mean he could but he's holding back to seem normal. Or a little bit normal. He joined the track team at the start of the year to stay in shape. We can't really go running around dungeons or have the need to run 20 kilometers (12.5 miles) or do 200 pushups every day.

"Seriously man how do you not break a sweat?" Reaching the end of their laps. Some boys fell to the ground and others leaned against their knees. Chests heaving for air. Jin didn't answer their questions instead turning in my direction. 

My elbows rested on my knees and my hands supported my head. Taking one hand off I waved at the boys with a big smile on my face. I haven't met any of the track team yet. Before visiting Jin's house he mentioned how he had track practice for an hour today. Today time is short due to their other practices from the past three days.

"Yo. Do you see that chick over there? What do you think she's doing here?"

"Obviously checking me out." This ensured the other's butt in and give their two senses. All this was audible to me even from far away because I'm not human anymore. I'm used to the scenery overload from the slow adjustment due to the system in the past. 

Jin-ho was getting flustered and was trying to make them all stop but what can he do to his upperclassmen? 

"Are we done with practice? I have to go home." An upperclassman with slightly curly brown hair who stopped teasing Jin-ho waved his hand to Jin telling him it was all good.

Jin with a quick pace grabbed his stuff beside me. Putting on his jacket and bag over his shoulder. Grabbing my hand yet had no indication of moving. "Can I kiss you?" 

I can feel my whole body heat up. Blood rushed to my head. Is my face turning red? "Jin we're middle schoolers." I smacked his arm with my free hand lightly. 

"Is that a no? What was it that you said earlier teenager going through hormones." He had this irritating smirk plastered on his face. 

"You don't have to ask." Building up courage since this is the first time I get to kiss him after so long, especially in this new life of mine. Using my free hand I comb my fingers into the hair at the base of his neck pulling him down to my height. 

The once bickering boys now had their jaws to the floor and were freaking out at the fact their underclassmen just kissed a girl in front of them or at least that's the reason why. I wonder what their expressions would be if they found out that Sung Jin-woo had sex before any of them. I won't tell them. Hand and hand we walked away from the track and out of the school. The doodles on his once-gloved hand were still present, faded at the edges of his hand.

"You just wanted to show off." 

"I always do. Especially when it comes to you." Being next to him always makes me gush.

The voices in my head from my summons were annoying. They too were gushing over my Jin. I guess they get that from me. What is my life to them a drama? Is this how Jin feels when his summons pop up in his daily life?

579 words

April 8, 2023