chapter 24

Jin talked with other hunters which I had no problem with since it let me not communicate and drink to my heart's content. One thing that made me sad is the continuous pop-up saying toxin neutralized every time I take a sip. Thanks to the system I and Jin can't get drunk or poisoned by any means.

I will say I'm a jealous bi##h and a little possessive. I wasn't bothered or distracted by communicating so when I looked around, I noticed women looking at my man. They would point and have lustful stares and I understand I look at him the same way but what I find funny is this is a party for the people at the hunter meeting and I was basically the only female there so these women would have to be other men's dates or managers. If you're here with someone then stay with them.

Doing the only acceptable thing here I would keep getting him glasses of wine or linking his arms in mine. When I first did this he was confused, Seeming to understand something was wrong he looked at what I was staring at revealing women taking glances and one just full-on staring not even trying to hide it. A sound came from Jin and before he finished what he was going to say, a pull from my arm pushing me closer to his body. His shadow clouded my vision and only one thing went through my head, sh#t is going to happen. Every time we use shadow transfer nothing good happens, Beru almost killing Cha, S class raid with the ants, Jin-ho being beaten.

Unraveled from the shadow I can make only a few things from the dark. We went from America to Korea is my guess.  One thing I can make out is an ice scythe in Jin's hands and an ugly as f##k ice elf. 

Being smart here I went away from jin and the elf clearing me from imminent danger. Swift grab to the throat-cutting off his oxygen supply he breathed out a raspy and quiet, "The number of soldiers I can feel from your shadows. Monarch of shadows, Why didn't you come into contact with us even after gathering such a significant number of troops? Don't tell me!" Getting no response from the quiet Jin he opened his mouth and ice pilling up from the ground with sharp points at the top pushed Jin back.

"Why don't we stop here for today. I'm not here to fight with our lives on the line. Didn't you come here to save that human? Will you fight against me, or will you save him. " The ugly looking motherf##ker shot an ice spear in the direction of the chairman's office. If this is the part where the chairman dies then that means this is the monarch of Ice. F##k. 

Jin wasted no time in jumping up 17 stories to deflect the spear from hitting the chairman on his knees.

The elf opened a gate. He can open a gate any time he wants. I'm screaming right now. Throwing the daggers I have in my possession and Jin doing the same, both learning dagger rush.  majority of mine hit while only two of jin's hit its mark. "You two are merely vessels, yet you dare to put a scratch on me. Very well. I, monarch of the frost, will retreat for now, and wait until the next time your shadows open again. Just think of the nearly dead human as my gift for you to add to your shadow army. " 

Peering up at the glass window broken and holding on thanks to the frost covering it.  Jin isn't standing up there anymore. 

Using my agility to jump to the broken window was easy. The view up here made me regret coming up here. My eyes watered, clouding my vision. The chairman's chest had a hole in it and blood poured over the ground. 

"You two came for me. Thank you very much." 

"Please wait for a bit longer. I will send you to the hospital immediately." Jin's voice was wavering and his speech was fast. Clear as day the potion of life was in Jin's hand but the chairman using the last of his strength pushing Jin away.

"It's no use. Nothing can be done after taking damage from those kinds of attacks, but I had the opportunity to come in contact with a supreme being. Their plan, and the remaining fight between them and us, and the things we must do." Dropping to my knees next to Jin. I don't care about the blood at this moment. 

Coming into this world changed me. I used to be this everyday normal person but since coming here and receiving the system things have changed. I got to meet and fall in love with Jin, I fought for my life against a three-headed dog from Greek mythology, I killed humans and ants my size, The people I loved in a story became real. The chairman was no doubt one of my favorites and he became a father figure for me in this world.  

"I'm very relieved that you two are here. I am very thankful you two possess such powers. Thank you very much, Jesus." I knew this would happen and grown so attached. I haven't read the story in almost a year and forgot such an important detail such as this. "The gates and dungeons weren't for them. it was simply a means they used to protect us. Someday, you will encounter a moment where you'll have to choose which see to stand on, and I request of you, Please remain on the side of humans. I've always wanted to fight alongside young hunters like yourself. However, I should've known it was an impossible feat with a body like this, but I don't regret anything since I can leave things in the hands of youngsters like you." 

Closing his eyes, a tear escaped. His soul left his body and his limps went slacked with no strength to support them. The barrier surrounding the room fell and shattered to pieces like the glass it was holding on to. Like a symbol of death, rain fell and some drops made it into the room. 

News the next few days had a lot of headlines. Brazil's great hunter Jonas was found dead in a nearby river, Korea's Hunter association's chairman was murdered after being stabbed in the heart and of course, Hunters Sung Jin-Woo and Hunter Jeong Ji-Soo have returned to Korea. After news of all the top-ranking hunters being killed people began to go crazy and fear for the worst. The gates have started to become harder and more A ranks appeared. 

The chairman's funeral took place the next day after his death. Rain fell just like yesterday. 

"I will kill it. I swear upon my life that I will kill the monster who killed the chairman."

Those words triggered my memories about the story. With a smile, I can proudly say you will kill them all but that doesn't stop the tears at what that means.

1187 words