Chapter 1 Sophia POV

May was a good month so far. I had graduated, I was back together with boyfriend and everything was great even though we had college looming over our relationship. It didn't matter. It would all workout. At at least that's what I told myself. We both knew it would end in August when I left. So we just enjoyed the time we had.

I had also gotten word that I officially made the university's tennis team. They sent out a the new roster congratulating all the new incoming freshman and like all curious 18 year year olds we immediately found each other on social media. That's when we "met"

Immediately upon friend request acceptance, I stalked all my new teammates. They were all your basic tennis kids. Fresh faced and skinny. Mark was the only one who stood out to me. He looked tall from what I could tell, he had shaggy brown hair and a slight tan. I was tall and thin with light brown hair and brown eyes, I was no ugly duckling but I was good at settling for guys who wouldn't hurt me. I knew immediately, that he was not someone you settle for. I hadn't met him yet and still I just had a gut feeling that he was different.

I ignored all of the nerves I was feeling and decided to send him a message. Where was the harm in an innocent message? That's what I kept telling myself. That I'm just saying hey and asking a random question.

Me: hey! I saw you were able to log into your email, can you tell me how I can access it? I've been having trouble finding it.

Thats how it started. Something as simple as a message and we immediately clicked as if we had always known each other.

The rest of the summer we would talk randomly about the upcoming year, what we've been doing training wise or just how our summer is going. He was easy to talk to and we were both excited for school to eventually start so we could actually hang out. It all made breaking up with my boyfriend a little easier. I, at least, had a few friends going into the school year. All the nerves I felt about ending high school and starting in a whole new state and school without anyone was eased. I had friends and was even more excited to state this new chapter in my life on the other side of the country.