Chapter 2 - Never Been So Wrong

Chapter 2 – Never Been So Wrong

Max’s P.O.V

We arrived at Uni, hugged each other and went our separate ways; I had a lecture then a free period. I walked to the auditorium where the lecture was being held. I sat in the front at the end. I was the first here but I didn’t mind. I got out a notepad and pen, to take notes and put my book bag down on the ground (I left my guitar in my car). I wrote my name at the top of the page and plugged my earphones in and listened to music while waiting for everyone to get here.

10 minutes later everyone showed up and the lecture was about to start. I pull my earphones out and put my phone on silent and put it in my pocket. I picked up my pen and started taking down notes of what Mr Lucas was saying as was most of the people here. An hour and a half passed by and the lecture was over. I decided for my free period I would go to the University Newspaper Offices and try and think of a new article to write for it.

I walked down the halls until I reached the room I opened the door and walked in heading over to my desk I started up the computer and got out my journalism book full of article drafts that I’d type up and show to the editor.

I put on my glasses and started typing one of them up, it was one about the annual concert on who the special guest might be as there had been numerous of celebrities in London at the moment. I finished typing the article and printed it off. I walked down to the editor’s desk A.K.A Edward Winter (I know quite the posh name) I placed it down on the desk and he picked up just quickly skimming it.

“Thanks Max I’ll read it properly later, Oh and by the way Mrs Newman would like to see you.” He smiled kindly at me I nodded my head in recognition and walked to Mrs Newman’s office (The Teacher who runs the newspaper) and knocked on her door.

“Come in!” Mrs Newman yelled.

I twisted the door knob and pushed the door open. I walked inside and took a seat in front of her desk.

“Edward said you wanted to speak to me?” I asked

“Yes, I want you to write an article for me, it’s going to be a bit different to what you usually do but because you are one of the best writers and have the most commitment to this newspaper I’m choosing you.”

I couldn’t help but smile to think that she trusted me with what must be a huge article made me feel proud of myself, which is rare.

“Thank you! What will the article be?”

“You are going to interview the special guest of the huge annual concert!”

My eyes widened as she trusts me with such a big project, but also because I get to meet the star! Now I really wish and hope it’s Ed Sheeran or at least Little Mix (I bet you’re surprised but some of their songs relate to me so much)

“Really!?”

“Yes Maxine.” I almost scowled at her for calling me Maxine. I love Mrs Newman she’s my favourite Teacher at the University but I hate it when she calls me Maxine!

“But in order for you to do back up checks, research and figure out questions to ask you have to know who you’re going to interview.”

“So you’re going to tell me in advance to everyone else who the special guest is?”

“Yeah are you ready to hear who it is?”

I nodded my head excitedly. She chuckled a bit before replying.

“One Direction.”

No. No no no no no no NO! This can’t be happening! I can’t come face to face with him. It’ll ruin everything. No!!

“Yay! Should be so much fun I hear they are such nice lads!” I lie incredibly well with the biggest most fake smile on my face.

“Good to see you’re excited! Here are some of the core questions you must ask, good luck!” She handed me a piece of paper with a few core questions and shooed me off. I walked out and as soon as that door closed the fake smile dropped from my face. I walked back to my desk and put the questions into my journalism book packing my stuff away. I sit in my wheelie chair for a bit. I have my elbows on my desk as I lean my head and my hands. In frustration I grip my hair and pull it in different directions. I pull my glasses off as I rub my face in stress.

“Why did this have to happen to me? Why is fate never on my side?” I say to myself out loud on the verge of tears. I get up quickly and pick up my bag and walk quickly out of there. I run out of the University not really care where I’m going, but thankfully I didn’t have another lecture for another 2 hours.

I ended up on a swing crying my heart out. I would have thought by now I’d have no tears left since I cry myself to sleep every night at the painful memories that flash through my brain every time I close my eyes and now I have to face it all again? I don’t want to see him, I don’t want to see the bully that made me love him and hate him at the same time.

_____________________________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter is quite short :'(

but it's just to show you how Max feels about Zayn and how she finds out that she'll meet him again and to lead you a little bit in to her life. You probably think you know everything about what happened to Max. But you don't :P hehehe.

You see she has had quite the past even before Zayn's "bullying"

Anyway what do you think will happen next?

What do you think is going to happen in the interview?

Will Zayn remember his victim?

What's happening to Zayn right now?

find out in the next chapter of Hate Your Heart

~Ash xx