Chapter 16 - Rose's Secret

I hope you all remember that Rose has a secret too it gets revealed in this chapter! Enjoy :) I'm dedicating this chapter to AtSunsetBaby as she has released a new story and I'm in it so you should find her follow her and read it guys! I also made the cover for her :)

~Ash x

Chapter 16 – Rose's Secret

Max’s P.O.V

I can’t continue locked up in my flat. I need to finish the album with Rose, but I’m just scared to get out of the house now. The others understand but sometimes I don’t want them to be so understanding I want them to get me off my ass and out the door because I can’t seem to be able to do it on my own and I can’t believe I’m saying this but... I’m sick of being on my computer and doing nothing else.

“You know what Max get some courage I mean like she’s going to see you right? Maybe it’s just a coincidence that she’s here and you do look a lot different like she would have even recognised you I mean dropping your hot chocolate and running off as soon as you saw her didn’t give anything away right?” I say trying to convince myself while looking at my reflection in the mirror.

“Okay I’m going to actually leave the house.” It had nearly been a whole week since I’ve been outside our manager had no idea what was going on as I hadn’t really told her about my past or anything I mean come on I’ve known her for only a few months you can’t just expect me to tell her all the nooks and crannies. I change out of my pyjamas and head down stairs eating some lunch before I get the courage to meet Rose at the studio. I place my hand on the door knob and slowly turn it.

“Nope, nope can’t do it.” I say as I back away. Max be brave she can’t do anything, she can’t do anything.

 I open the door to see my mom I scream and close the door locking it. She had her hand raised in the air like she was about to punch me.

I heard lots of knocking on the door as I cradle my knees rocking back and forth.

“Max!? MAX WHAT’S WRONG?!” I hear not my mom’s voice but Zayn’s? Tears are spilling out of my eyes as I cuddle myself to afraid to get to the door.

“Max? It’s okay. It’s me Zayn I’m not going to hurt you please let me in.?”

“Zayn?” I call out from my living room.

“Yes Max it’s me just me I promise.” I got up from my cradling position and slowly walked to the door wiping my eyes that must be red by now just like the rest of my face. I open the door slowly to see Zayn’s brown caring eyes he quickly wraps his arms around me and doesn’t let me go.

“I saw my mom Zayn, she was going to hit me.” I cried into his chest.

“Shh you were just imagining things come on lets head inside.” He says taking me inside and closing the door behind him. He sits me in the living room on the couch caressing my back trying to calm me down. Once my breathing slowed down to a normal pace he got up.

“I’ll get you a cup of tea.” He warmly smiled at me and headed into the kitchen. I kept getting flashbacks of my mom hitting me. I gripped the couch tightly making my fingers go pale from loss of blood. I get tears in my eyes as my breathing quickens again as I start to shake. Soo many memories coming back all at once it was too much I couldn’t tell what was real and what was just a memory anymore. I raise my hands to my head still shaking and crying silently.

“Get out of my head, get out of my head, get out of my head.” I started to chant quietly as it got louder and I was finally screaming nearly ripping my hair out.