Chapter 15 - She's Back

Chapter 15 – She’s Back.

Max’s P.O.V

“Where ever you are I will be there for you

Whenever you need I will always help you

Because when I’m with you and it’s just us two

There is no better me

When it’s just us two

Just us two.”

Rose and I sing into the microphone of the recording studio.

“Well done girls you’re doing great we’re done for the day.” Stacey our manager said into the microphone.

“I can’t believe we’ve nearly finished our whole album already!!” Rose says excitedly.

“I know!!”

“I’ll see you back at our place in an hour?” I ask Rose she just gave me a questioningly look.

“I’m going to see Edward today.” I say smiling that boy, I miss his blue eyes.

“OHHHH okay I’ll see you later then.” I hug her and head out of the studio; I make my way to Starbucks grabbing myself a peppermint hot chocolate. I was walking, making my way to Edward’s place when I see someone really familiar. Way to familiar for my liking. She turned her head and I felt the need to hide behind something so I hid behind an orange cart. I peeked over the cart to see someone I wish I would never have to see again. Our eyes locked and I dropped my hot chocolate everywhere. I immediately started running back to Rose and mines flat as it was closer. I quickly close the door locking it quickly and checking out the windows to see if she followed me. I released the breath I was holding in to see she hadn’t. I turned around huffing and puffing from and I saw Rose, Harry, Louis and Niall all looking at me weirdly. The only words I could seem to let out my mouth were.

“She’s back.” I slid down to the floor leaning my back against the door.

“Max who’s back?” Rose says coming down sitting next to me on the floor.

“She is, she... my. My mom, she’s here.”

Edward’s P.O.V

She should be here by now. I get my phone out and tried calling her. Straight to voice mail.

“Hey Max when you get this message can you please call me back thanks love you.” I called her a few times but all went straight to voice mail. I tried Rose’s cell but it just rang out.

I wonder what’s going on maybe I should go to their place. I opened my door to my place and locked it behind me walking through the streets. I was looking down when I bumped into a lady. She had greyish sort of eyes and blonde hair and the same face shape as Max but this lady had wrinkles she kind of looked like an older version of Max.

“I’m terribly sorry.” I smile at her. I think that, I think that was Max’s mum but doesn’t she have a restraining order against her? What is she doing here? Maybe it’s just a coincidence? I continue walking with my head down when my phone starts to ring. I quickly pull it out of my pocket and move to a less busy area so I can stand still and talk on the phone.

“Hello?” I ask.

“Edward it’s Max I’m sorry I didn’t call you earlier something kind of happened.” She said softly.

“I’m on my way to your place now you can explain it to me then. I love you.”

“I love you too Edward see you soon.” I pressed the end call button and try to get to her house quickly knowing that she was shaken up by whatever had happened. I hope she’s okay. What fi she had a run in with her mum? What if she hurt her?

With these thoughts running through my head I started running to get to her house quicker.

Zayn’s P.O.V

“Morning Zayn.” Liam said as I stretched my arms while I walked over to the fridge to get some breakfast pulling out the milk.

“Good morning Liam. Where are the rest of the lads?” I question.

“They went to Rose and Max’s place.” He smiled at me while he drank his cup of tea while reading a book. I walk to the pantry getting out a box of cornflakes and a spoon from the draw. I made myself a bowl of cereal and started eating. Once finished I had a shower and changed into some fresh clothes as well as brushing my teeth. I take my phone of its charger and notice that there are a few messages and missed calls on there.

“Liam do you have any messages on your phone?” i ask.

“Not sure it’s dead why?” He asks.

“Something’s up at Max’s place I’m going to call her.”

I hear the phone o the other end ring a few times until she picks up.

“Zayn? Thank god I finally got a hold of you.”

“What’s going on?” I ask.

“You and Liam might as well come on over so I can explain something to everyone at once.”

“Max what are you on about?” I asks I could tell there was something wrong by the wavering of her voice.

‘Just come and bring Liam please?” I sigh not questioning her any more over the phone.

“Okay but as soon as we get there you have to tell us what’s bothering you.”

“Promise.” The phone call ends and I pick up the car keys.

“Come on Liam we’re going to Max’s house and no questions because I have just as much of an idea of what’s going on as you.”

“Um okay?” He says confusingly as we drive to Max’s house. I hope she’s not hurt, I hope it’s nothing to serious.

Max’s P.O.V

Zayn came bursting through the door with Liam closing it behind him and shoving his spare key in his pocket.

“What’s going on Max? Why are you so worried?” He asks me frantically he’s genuinely worried about me.

“Guys I think my mom’s back.”

*Flashback*

“Worthless piece of shit!! Can’t do anything right!!” My mom yelled at me as she slapped me across the face.

“I’m sorry mom I didn’t mean to burn the vegetables, I’m sorry.” I cried to her.

“It’s too late for sorrys will it fix the burnt vegetables no it fucking won’t you ugly mutt.” She kneed me in the stomach placing her cigarette in her mouth.

“Please mom stop your hurting me.”

“Oh I’m hurting you am. Hahaha you are such a spoilt little bitch.” She takes her cigarette out of her mouth and burns me behind the ear with it.

I scream in pain as tears fall down my face and she continues to burn behind my ears.

“That’ll teach you for next time.” She pulls me up by my hair as it rips and she throws me against the wall.

“You’re worthless, you’re not good enough and you never will be.” She walked away stomping on her cigarette. While I lay in a ball crying and crying because I didn’t know who my mother was anymore.

*Flashback over*

All their eyes went wide as I had tears in my eyes from the memories; I placed my hand on my ear feeling the scars that have almost disappeared. They may have physically but the memories will always be there.

“Are you sure?” Zayn asks me.

“Yes I remember her eyes.” I say as a few tears trickle down my cheek leaving a shiny trail. I sob a little as Edward comes round to comfort me.

“What am I supposed to do? What if she’s back for me? How will I stop her from hurting me?”

“She isn’t going to lay a finger on you.” Zayn says his hazel eyes piercing into my grey ones.

“And that I can promise.”

I nod my head as more tears fell down my face.