Chapter 15

Yoongi's plan to surrender was temporarily halted by his brother's proposition. "You want me to do what?" he asked again, rubbing his temples.

"You have to take Y/N to Daegu and spend the night there." Seokjin said as a matter of factly. He had barged into his dongsaeng's room without knocking because of this urgent matter. He had won some lottery at work which gave him an all-expense-paid visit to Daegu, including hotel and food. Luckily, it was after Yoongi had his coffee, which bought Seokjin sometime before Yoongi could kill him.

"Yeah, I heard that," the little man stated firmly. "But I'm still missing the part where you explain why I have to do that."

Seokjin sighed, hoping his brother wouldn't notice that intentional omission. "Well, it's near the expiration date and Ji Eun would rather stay home with the kids and it would just be a waste if no one uses it."

"Then why don't you give it to a coworker or something?" Yoongi retorted.

"Don't you want to spend more time with Y/N?" Seokjin returned in annoyance in his voice. It was clear to him, Ji Eun, and practically the entire world that the two of you had some special connection and you were both too cowardly to confess to each other first. As the older brother, Seokjin felt that it was his responsibility to fix things.

"No," Yoongi answered, a lot of noticeable hesitation in his voice. He was set on trying to distance himself from you, but he still couldn't control himself when it comes to you. That's a skill he hadn't mastered yet and frankly, he had no motivation to.

"Well too bad, I called your work and requested the day off. Ji Eun and I packed you a bag already. And Y/N is waiting for you in the cab downstairs." Seokjin grinned widely before running out of the room. And that was how Yoongi ended up in Daegu with you. When he asked why you agreed to go, you told him you had never been on a vacation before. That got him to shut up and not say any snarky comments. The train ride over was difficult. He found the task of hiding his feelings for you an onerous one, especially having your shoulder touch his due to the small seats. Even having been next to you at night on his bed, Yoongi still felt nervous. Maybe it was the setting, he assured himself.

You were also having a hard time yourself. You felt like an adolescent, feeling your stomach fluttering at the proximity. Your feelings for the man beside you became increasingly noticeable with every passing day. His silence, his dedication, his quiet kindness, it was perfect. And it was superb how he treated you like a normal person. Not someone who needed saving.

The first stop was getting lunch because it took the whole morning to get here. Once Yoongi was comfortable with the idea, he mentally cursed at Seokjin for not telling him about it sooner. That way, the two of you would have had more time to explore the city. Next time, he told himself, if there was a next time. He watched in delight as you chowed down the beef intestine he was grilling. You didn't mind that he was watching you pig out, there was no need to hide with him. "Slow down," he chuckled. "It's not going anywhere."

"Well, I'm just savoring the moment," you answered. You had eaten more than half the portion while Yoongi had barely touched his food. Your hand slowed, feeling terrified that he wasn't enjoying himself. Yoongi was in fact enjoying himself, more than he should. He was full by just watching you eat. "I don't know when we can do this again, but maybe that's not something I should worry about." You hoped your voice didn't sound too hopeful, but you couldn't help it. If every day was like this, or just a fraction of it, so long as you were with Yoongi, you would be content.

Yoongi cleared his throat and looked away. "I don't know," he answered. "I have to focus on my career, after all, I can't waste time doing...this."

"This?" You waited for him to say more, but he filled his plate up and didn't talk for the rest of the hour. You shrugged it off, it was normal for Yoongi to say something harsh like this once in a while. It was in his nature but you knew it was just a shield to protect himself. So you kept your smile and spirit when you got to the next stop. The famous E-World 83 Tower.

It was the perfect time to visit because the flower trees surrounding the tower were at their peak. Soft pastel pink petals fluttered across the sidewalk, dancing with the breeze. It made you laugh as you stepped on them, pretending you were the main character of a movie. Yoogi playfully rolled his eyes. He didn't think anyone would be as cheesy as you but he couldn't help but follow after your steps. He followed you all the way to the top of the tower and he unconsciously let out a gasp. The city below was breath-taking. On the ground, it was easy to forget how small he actually was, and how insignificant his problems were. He wished that time would stop, so that he could enjoy a moment of pure bliss.

"This is where my parents met," he said, feeling surprised himself for mentioning that fact.

"Really?" you asked, mesmerized by the view.

"It's ancient history," he sighed, "My father was a regular office worker, and my mom worked at a restaurant nearby. He was in love the first time he saw her, and asked her to marry him a year later. Romantic, right?" he laughed bitterly. He leaned his chin on the railing and you resisted the urge to hold his hand.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" you pondered.

"Yeah," he answered, there were regret and sadness in his voice. Yet his answer surprised you and it gave you illogical hope. "But it doesn't matter," he continued, "Love doesn't last with people like me. That's why I've never been in love and never will." The lie was so natural it scared him. But it was necessary. You simply nodded and looked in another direction.