Chapter 9

The blaring music was never Yoongi's favorite part about the bar, which was ironic because that would be his job soon. He should correct himself. It would have been his job if he hadn't acted like a jerk to you earlier. He was certain you would tell everyone what a monster he is and deter them from hiring him. But then again, it didn't sound like you. Despite everything he had done, you were still annoyingly nice and he couldn't get you out of his head.

The look in your eyes was ingrained in his memories. Sadness, disappointment, he had memorized all your expressions and it seemed that he could only bring out the worst of them. He was too angry and embarrassed to go home, so he had been drinking slowly for a few hours. A few girls tried to talk to him, but all he needed to do was grumble for them to permanently stay away from him. He had looks that literally could kill. That's what some of his acquaintances in the States had told him. They never hung out enough or had enough intellectual conversations for Yoongi to consider them as friends. His father also never wanted him to associate with those from his mediocre college. Yoongi had refused to go to the Ivy League school his father attended. It was far enough that he could stay on campus away from his father, so it was a win for him.

He took a shot, feeling himself getting dizzy but not enough to be drunk. In his daze, he spotted two familiar mullet and orange hair boys. They tilted their heads. "Yoongi hyung?" Namjoon yelled over the volume. Once they've affirmed that it was him, they decidedly took a seat on either side of him.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked lazily. He had given up on the chance of working with them entirely. But he still hoped to be their friend.

"We like to come here after work to drink," Hoseok answered.

"Are you okay, hyung?" Namjoon asked. He glanced at the numerous shot glasses laid out in front of Yoongi. That could not have been healthy.

"Uh yeah," he lied. He couldn't tell which part of it was fine. The fact that he lost a golden opportunity, the fact that he most likely ruined everything with you, or that he knew tonight would be filled with nightmares, just like all the rest. "Just needed to get out of the house."

"Oh yeah, Y/N told us that you're living with your brother's family. She said you're probably not getting enough sleep." Hoseok chuckled, sipping on his pina colada with the cute little umbrella on top. He likes to take things slow.

"She said that." It wasn't really a question. He was just surprised you would bring him up.

"Yeah, she told us to take care of you once you're at work," Namjoon added. He took a gulp of whiskey, it warmed his body.

"Once I'm at work?" Yoongi repeated. "You mean, I got the job?"

The straw fell out of Hoseok's mouth, "Oh shoot, we were supposed to let the CEO call you." He dramatically sighed, "Just pretend to act surprised tomorrow, okay?"

"I got the job?" he asked again.

Namjoon nodded slowly, "Yes, hyung. Why do you sound shocked? Your music is amazing."

"Well, I guess, I thought Y/N would...advise you guys against it."

"Why would she?" Namjoon cocked his head sideways. Yoongi took another shot instead of answering. "She told us you're hard working and you love music and that there's not a lot of places where you feel like you belong. Hoseok and I can relate to that and we hope this could be one for you."

Yoongi nodded, his finger trailing the rim of the shot glass. "Thanks,"

"Is there something between you and her?" Namjoon asked in a quiet voice. "There seems to be some tension, from what I could see."

"It's -uh-complicated," he answered honestly. And it was true from his perspective. He could tolerate you. He felt bothered when you were around and even worse when you're not. "I just have to stay away from her," he finally said again. "It would just be trouble if she's with me."

"Right," Namjoon replied, feeling confused about the situation. He primarily wanted to know if Yoongi was interested in you the way he was. During the times he had known you, you never had any suitors and Namjoon felt comforted in that fact. He was waiting for the right time.

After a few more rounds of shots, Hoseok decided that it was enough. Namjoon was also fairly intoxicated and Yoongi wasn't walking straight. Since he didn't know where Yoongi was staying, Hoseok called the only person he could think of.

Your phone chimed, waking you up from your spot on the couch. You had fallen asleep while watching True Beauty. It should have been Seo Jun. You yawned before grabbing the phone. "Hoseok oppa?" you answered in a hoarse voice.

"Yah, Y/N, I need you to come here and get Yoongi," You could hear the bass in the background.
"Get Yoongi? From where?"

"That club near the company, the one with the neon lights."

"They all have neon lights," you pointed out.

"I'll text you the address, but hurry. I can't hold them both." He hung up without another word. After a sigh and several questions about why you had to do it instead of Yoongi's brother who had a six-pack, you put your hair up and toss on a light jacket. The club was a short bus ride over and you were working through the logistics of how you would carry Yoongi home. Three figures wobbled by the wall of the building. At least Hoseok was still audible. "Thanks for coming."

"Yeah, I didn't have much of a choice," you grumbled. Hoseok gave you a grateful smile as he helped Yoongi's arm around your shoulder. He wasn't light, but you could manage and his legs could stand up on their own.

"Is that Y/N?" Namjoon slurred. "I wanna talk to her~"

Although he was drunk, Yoongi could hear enough to start walking away before Namjoon could get the chance to catch your attention. He had no reason to do such a thing, but you two already started walking away.