Chapter 2

POV Elena Gilbert

I am a vampire. There I said it! I have my humanity, my family, and friends, HA! whoops did I forget to mention that I singled handedly, (I know what an overachiever), have been the cause of most of their deaths.

Don't worry I am not a murder, well I guess... I wasn't. Now that I have my humanity back and the bond with Damon is gone, everyone wants to be to choose. Choose Stefan or Damon. However, I conveniently had not been thinking about either, and have decided to focus on melding back to my old school life. Or attempting to do so anyway....

BEEP BEEP BEEP

That's my alarm beep signalling the beginning of my first day back at school, but I am already awake I haven't been asleep for a while now. I lay in my bed watching the dust particles shine in the daylight seeping in through the expensive-looking dark mahogany window frame from the Salvatore window. However, a falsely excited drawl came through my door. "Elena we're going to be late", Stefan said then as he poked his head into my room. "Yep be there in a sec!" I yelled back as I tried to push my force smile into my reply. "Alright I'll meet ya by the car!" this time when Stefan exclaimed this I knew something was deeply wrong with him. As I got ready I further obsessed over this point, through our entire relationship, he was always loving and caring, but also moody and brooding, so when the word 'ya' came out of his mouth it was concerned. As I swung my door shut I swiftly sat down in my seat, and Stefan started the engine.

"ELENA!", as we pulled into the school parking lot Caroline called me over from the entrance to D block where our first class was. I noded to Stefan and got out, neither of us wanted to acknowledge the awkward and silent car ride here. "Hey! what's up!", I called to Caroline, "Wow someones in a good mood, she said with a wink, even I could tell that this fake and cheery conversation, was a way of distracting both of them from the awkwardness between them, Elena hurting her and her mum and Caroline torturing and blatantly hating me. WOW, I thought and I thought year 7 (Middle school, I am not American or Canadian lol) was painful.

We walked into our first class, as I went to get to my fav seat in all classroom, the back row right next to the window, so I could tune out the teacher's voice and focus my vamp hearing on the noises of the nearby wood, but the seat was occupied. Occupied by someone new. Someone she had never seen before. Who. Was. He..... 

He, sat there serenely, as though being a new kid was something he was used to. I just took him in. His tousled raven black hair was windswept and effortless, his skin was deep and tanned, funny we were sitting in history class, and he looked like a Greek god. He was fidgeting with the fraying edge of his navy hoodie, he looked up, as if something forced him to, he looked alert as we locked eyes. His eyes, they were sea green with flecks of gold, they had an intensity I had never seen before, but there was something I did recognise staring back at her something that they seemed to both share, a look of grief.

I walked to the back of the classroom and sat next to him as though I were in a trance. Then the moment I sat down I realised what I had done and hid in the curtains of my hair. Embarrassed was an understatement. I walked him with Stefan, Caroline, and Bonnie then stared at the new kid and sat next to him leaving all parties confused and a bit shocked. Despite this, the boy turned in his seat to face me, "Hey, I guess I  have to tell you I am now, I'm Percy, Percy Jackson", as he said this, I noticed the melodic tone in his warm voice. "Hey, I'm Elena, Elena Gilbert." I smiled back. "yeah I know" he giggled back. At first, I was nervous alarm bells going off, who was he, was he dangerous how did he know me? Then I realised. "ELENA GILBERT" Mr Smith the new History teacher called, from what I was guessing he had been calling my name for a while, "Sorry I whispered back" as everyone settled in opening their books.

The boy next to Elena sat smiling not really knowing why.

Hey Guys! i know a shortish chapter but lol, here we are! see ya soon!