Chapter 10

A/N: Strap in folkes its gonna be a really long one,  grab some tea and a biscut:D

________________________________________________________________________________

RECAP:

He shook his head.

"This is all a bit depressing, sorry. I'll see you at the church, yeah?"

I felt him shielding me from whatever he was feeling but, nodded and almost reluctantly he dropped my hand and walked to his car. Looking over his shoulder at me one last time, giving me a smile.

"Oh well isn't that romantic"

The familiar drawl of a certain Salvatore brother ruined the moment. I turned around slowly not really wanting to break my perfect illusion.

"Damon"

________________________________________________________________________________

POV Elena Gilbert

"Yes, Elena what's up?"

Damon did that absolutely infuriating thing, where he drops into a random conversation and then acts like you're the one who suddenly caught HIS attention. So I did the mature thing, I looked at him, rolled my eyes and ignored him walking to my car. Unfortunately he just followed me.

"Aren't you going to ask me how I am? Come on Elena I was stabbed by a mystery evil man"

He was walking backwards facing me as I walked.

"You know Damon, you should really stop hanging around high school car parks, you're starting to look like a perv."

I wanted to slap him but my conscience got the better of me, I looked up at the sky, took a deep breath and stopped.

"Alright. Are you ok? Show me the wound"

Damon also stopped, a smile quirked across his lips and his eyebrow rose ever so slightly.

"Well, well Elena if you wanted me to take my shirt off you should have asked years ago"

He went to pull his shirt off.

"NO! no! DAMON"

I put both arms up and pushed him behind my car, out of sight of the high school population. He just laughed and allowed himself to be pushed.

"Someone embarrassed by me. Are you worried your new boyfriend will be jealous of my rock-hard abs?"

"He is not my boyfriend"

"Tell my brother that"

"What? You know Stephan knows we're over."

"Ahhh the heart wants what the heart wants"

"Shut up"

He pulled up his shirt so I could he wound. Its was black and dark red, It looked terrible, it reminded me of a werewolf bite but, it seemed to be healing and Damon didn't seem insane. Well more than usual.

"Are you drooling?"

"Damon this is serious I-"

"So you don't deny it?"

"Damon! I-"

Nope I was not engaging I got in my car and locked the doors, Damon went to get in, and pulled on the door. I did not unlock it for him. He pouted, and I started the engine. I pulled out of my parking spot and waved as I left him stranded.

As I drove home all I could think about was what Damon said. 'Are you worried about your new boyfriend...'. Percy, my boyfriend? As soon as I thought about it I knew I wanted him to be. He was perfect everything I wanted in a guy and honestly, I felt this intensely strong connection between us. Though I knew it would never happen, I have dragged enough humans into my messy life. Killed most of them in the process, also how does one even have the undead talk with a new boyfriend? Before or after the Ex's talk?