Chapter 14 Part 2

*CHAPTER WARNING* This chapter mirrors Vampire Diaries season 4 episode 6 "We all go a little mad sometimes" It has themes of suicide in it, please be warned that if this is something that triggers you, skip the chapter. Keep yourself safe and of good mind. DM me if you want a censored summary of the episode xoxo

RECAP

"Where are you going?"

Yes, Damon good question.

"I'm gonna get her back."

I was aware of a pit that had opened in my stomach, as only now had I realised who 'her' was. There was only one person it could be.

Elena.

Suddenly I realised of another certainty, that I was going to be doing a lot of sneaking around today. Shouldn't of worn jeans.

POV Elena Gilbert

After Klaus took me, I was taken to his house and led into a basement. My mind was so addled and confused that I didn't even realise someone was talking to me until we stopped. We were outside a steel door and one of Klaus's hybrid slaves was shoving me inside. When I hesitated Klaus grabbed me and pulled me inside.

"Let go of me."

"Certainly."

His old posh English accent only made me want to punch his dumb smile.

"I apologize for the lack of windows; it's to preserve the art. And of course to prevent you from taking off your daylight ring and burning yourself to death in the sun."

I scoffed

"I'm not gonna kill myself. I would never do that."

Klaus just laughed patting me on the shoulder.

"Oh, but you'll want to. I did. The problem is, I'm immortal."

I froze, eyes drifting to the slight twitch in his eye.

"You went through this?"

Tears started to spring in my eyes, confusion filling them more than sadness.

"Yes, I did. For fifty-two years, four months, and nine days. I was tormented, in my dreams, my every waking moment, relentless, never-ending torture. It was the only period of my life when I actually felt time."

Fear filled my core.

"So, you knew that this would happen if Connor died? That's why you got involved. Did Stefan know too?"

More guilt filled me, did he? Was he trying to help me? Why wasn't anyone telling me anything? I wanted to claw my hair out. Circles, circles we were always running in circles.

"All he knew was that the hunter had to be kept alive. You should have listened to him when he said he had it covered, love."

I was filled with even more complex emotions I couldn't hope to unfold. So asked the only logical sentence I could fit together.

"What else does Stefan know?"

Klaus winked.

"Well, that's one of life's little mysteries, isn't it?"

A homicidal rage bubbled deep in me, the lack of answers was making me more angry than I had ever been. Klaus backed away and headed for the door. The sudden absence of another being froze my anger a deep bone-chilling fear returning.

"How did you make it stop?"

Desperation leaked into my whisper of a voice as Klaus stopped and looked at me.