Chapter 11

POV Percy Jackson

After Friday's absolute madness, the warm sunny Saturday morning was welcome. I was overwhelmed with all the information and crap that had happened yesterday. After a deep sleep, the thoughts finally got the better of me at about 5 am. So I got up had some breakfast and a coffee, changed into a singlet and basketball shorts and decided to go for a run.

Two hours later and my mind was still in a spin, usually after a good long run I could make sense of the whirlwind, not today. Today I needed to go to the one place where I could find solace, the ocean. The problem with Mystic falls is that it's in the west of Virginia where there is no coastline. So I guess I had to make do with a waterhole, great. I remembered the path a ran the night I ran into 'Damon'. That was another thing my brain couldn't quite wrap around clearly, he wasn't human but he also didn't seem to be a traditional monster.

Something to think about at the waterhole. Honestly, even during the day, I was taken aback by the beauty of the mystic falls forests, the thin veil of fog on the ground despite the warm morning and the damp moss that hug off the trees were stunning.

After an hour at the bottom of the watering hole and a short rather turse conversation with a carp with anger issues, I was quite ready to go back home. After seeing a sign last night in the Grill, I had an idea. I wanted a job, they had openings there behind the bar, as a waiter and in the back washing dishes. The money would be great and maybe getting a job would give him some normalcy here.

Just as I was thinking about being normal and walking back an old brown caravan came into view. A young woman with brown hair and DAMON walked out of it. God this guy was everywhere and who was this woman? Gods I felt like a was missing some crucial link in
the hell was happening in this town. There is no way I was accepting the fact that this quaint little town was normal. How could anyone that lived in this town not see the craziness?

They both walked off deep in conversation, I thought about following them or Percying my way through the caravan but honestly, I thought t would probably just create more questions rather than answers.

So an hour later, I was showered, changed and ready to get a job. The grill was thriving, It was almost 2 pm but the lunch rush looked as if it was still in full swing. I walked inside and sat at the bar.

"Hey dude, no offence but your clearly not 21 and it's the middle of the day"

I turned to see the brown-haired boy from the day before, Elena's little brother.

"Oh no, no. I was supposed to meet with the manager um Cherry? I wanted to get a job"

That made the guy smile

"Oh she is probably off drunk somewhere, come through to the back put on a shirt and start washing dishes"

I couldn't help but gawk at him

"What?" was the only thing I could articulate

The dude just chuckled

"Man, the turnover rate here is crazy. I have been fired and re-hired like twice no one cares. Just whenever she shows up and asks who you are, tell her you started today. She doesn't care as long as you work here semi-regularly and try not to serve too many underage kids"

Right. He seemed to sense my confusion

"You must be new to town, I'm Jeremy, Jeremy Gilbert"

He stuck out his hand and I shook it.

"Sure man, I'm Percy Jackson. Yeah I'm new"

Jeremy's eyebrow quirked

"So your Percy"