Chapter 14 Part 1

*CHAPTER WARNING* This chapter mirrors Vampire Diaries season 4 episode 6 "We all go a little mad sometimes" It has themes of light to medium suicide in it, please be warned that if this is something that triggers you, skip the chapter. Keep yourself safe and of good mind. DM me if you want a censored summary of the episode xoxo 

RECAP

"Everything ok Dr?"

"Yes, Percy your recovery is nothing short of –"

"An amazing miracle" I finished.

"Yes. Sleep you need rest"

I nodded and sunk into my hospital bed. The IV in my arm was tangled in my sheets. I lifted my arm to untangle it. I froze staring at my left hand where the beginnings of a black tattoo slinked up my wrist.

"Shit"

Gods, I am so screwed.

POV Percy Jackson

Well. As it turned out that when I returned to school after a day in the hospital, yes only a single day the horrifying revelation of the cursed black tattoo on my wrist was not the worst news in my life. As when I entered the third period English and literature my particularly grumpy teacher saw me, curled her lip in clearly cruel satisfaction and slithered up to me. 

"Mr Jackson I hope you know your little hiatus to the emergency room is not an excuse from today's exam."

Indeed the worst monster I have ever faced.

"No Mamn wouldn't dream of it, as Shakespeare said kindness and understanding is so last season." 

I obviously regretted it the moment it left my lips, but I had been shot less than 24 hours ago I had the right to be snarky. Yet the moment the gleam of power shone in miss Wilson's eyes I knew I was done for.

"Glad you feel that way, Mr Jackson, as you will be sitting in detention this afternoon until perhaps you can quote Shakespeare."

I plastered on the largest grin on my face, resisted the urge to roll my eyes and nodded. 

"Of course miss"

Man, I wish she was a real monster. As I sat down and instantly tuned out miss Wilson's instructions, about to look out the window and completely space out when something drew my attention. Well, the lack of something drew my eyes to five empty desks sitting to my left. 

"Lily Anderson?"

"Here miss!"

"Jacob Winefell?"

"Yep"

"Here or present Mr Winefell"

"Here or present"

"Mr Winefell"

"Here miss"

"Stefan Salvatore?"

Nothing

"Caroline Forbes?"

Silence

"Bonnie Bennet?"

"Tyler Lockwood?"

"Elena Gilbert?! Are all you students aware school is not optional?"

As Miss Wilson's huffy indignance continued down the attendance list I was suddenly aware of two things, first, the chill that slowly crept down my spine and the fact that all those missing were not any ordinary students.

They were all part of my favourite band of merry supernatural frenemies, the ones I was supposed to have forgotten about.

"Pick up your pencils the exam starts now"