Chapter 12

Tommy and I trudged up the stairs to his old room, him nearly tripping as he tried to get to the top before me. We finally got there, and I threw myself on top of the huge bed. I grabbed the whole comforter and wrapped myself up in it, smiling as widely as I could.

"You're very interesting, you know," Tommy began, his accent ringing through my ears. I smiled, nodding agreement.
"Do you think I could have a blanket?" He asked, bringing out his puppy eyes. I nodded and took the comforter, giving it to him. He smiled, obviously pleased. Thomas surprisingly took the comforter and made a mini bed on the floor, taking a pillow down there as well. He ran out the door and ran right back, retrieving a beautiful sunset purple comforter.

Handing it to me, he said, "Okay, im gonna sleep on the floor, so you can use this."

"Tommy, you don't have to sleep on the floor. I can, if you-"

"No no. It's okay. I don't mind at all, it's actually quite cozy down here," he said as he rolled around in his blankets. I giggled and got comfortable, closing my eyes, thinking about absolutely anything.

"Goodnight, Autumn. Have sweet dreams about me," he said.

I smiled, replying, "Don't worry,I will. You have sweet dreams too, love," I said, just then noticing his accent rubbing off on me. I pulled the covers up to my chin and stared at the wall, millions of thoughts floating through my mind. I thought about the day I found out Tommy was moving to my place, about how I thought he hated me, and ago how he asked me out, I thought about our first date, and baking cookies, and crying over him and Isabella. It all just came, and I couldn't sleep. I would replay conversations in my head, as well as what was happening during them. I thought ago my brother, who was dying, and I thought ago my devastated parents. I thought about how he is in some hospital somewhere, hooked up to machines and laying there all alone while my parents worry about his life.

Tears began to fill my eyes as I thought about my helpless, innocent, amazingly funny, adored brother. I thought about all the goofy times we had, whether it be flinging food at each other or jumping on his back while he gave me piggy back rides through the park. Then I thought about the first time a boy broke my heart, and Riley held me in his arms as I cried on his shoulder. I remember how he told the boy off, telling him about how hurt I was, but not as hurt as him watching me cry... He is amazing. On. My first date ever, I went to the movies with this boy named Tyler, and Riley found a way to sit in between us, smacking our hands when we tried to reach out to each other.

The tears began subsiding as I silently laughed. I couldn't stand laying in this bed any longer, so I decided to roam the house and see what I could find. I started by going downstairs, my silk nightgown gently flowing behind me as I walked as quietly as I could. I walked through the kitchen, dining room, living room.... And then I found my spot. There was a small little library, and it was all so beautiful. Shelves of books lined three of the walls, and they were all very colorful. There was a fireplace that wasn't lit, and decorations were atop it. Instead of books, the fourth wall was covered in childhood memories of Tommy and Ava. From when they were babies all the way to recent, they were all there. I laughed at the goofy ones of Tommy and Ava swimming, and Tommy throwing leaves at Ava a few years earlier.

I found a beautiful, plush sitting chair with a book on a cute little side table. The side table also had a collection of cookies and glass cups for tea. I decided is make myself comfortable, so I made some chamomile berry tea and ate a cookie, picking up a book that most interested me. Before I could even open to the first page, my phone buzzed. I made a sour face as the vibrations filled he room. It was so loud! Surely it will wake someone up!

I grabbed the phone and viewed the message, partly to make the vibrations go away and partly because I wanted to know who was messaging me at 3am.