Chater 13

Dylan's POV:
I leisurely took my time walking to Autumns place so I could house-watch for her and Thomas. After all, they were in England, what are they gonna do from all the way over there? As I turned the corner,mmy hands deep in my denim jean pockets, I smelt a smokey stench. I pulled my shades down, hearing girl scream at that exact moment. The ear -shattering scream launched my heart into my throat, causing me to throw my glasses on the ground and run towards he sound. I quickly found the cause of the scream... Autumns neighbors house was on fire, and the screaming girl was still in there.

I ran through the yard and burst into the house. The girls scream came once again from upstairs, so I ran up there, skipping 2 steps at a time. In a room at the far right corner of the upstairs hallway, the scream sounded again... Along with a bright wave of flames. I ran to the edge of the door, looking to see the silhouette of a tall, long haired, distressed teenage girl.

"Hey! Hey, you! Hang on, okay? I will be right there!" I screamed. I saw her jump at the shock of a person at the door, but she nodded anyway. There was no way I could jump those flames and get to her, though.. Not unless... GOT IT!

I sprinted to the bathroom and grabbed a towel, wetting it down. I then ran back to the room and began hitting the fire with the wet towel, making a safe pathway. I was so in the moment that I barely noticed when the girl ran up and pushed me out of the room. I thought she was crazy, like she was trying to get me to stop helping her.

"Hey, what giv-"I abruptly stopped, realizing she saved me from the ceiling falling. She managed to get out of the room as well, but not without a burn on her right leg and a huge gash on her left leg from the collapsed ceiling. She screamed out in pain, tears welling up in her eyes. My adrenaline took over me once again, giving me the power to pick her up and run down the stairs. The fire had now spread throughout the hallway. I rammed my shoulder through her front door, knocking it off it's hinges. The force threw me off balance a bit, but not enough to fall. I ran her across the street to Autumns house, setting her lightly down in the grass before calling some firefighters.

The girl watched in agonizing pain as her house began to collapse.

"Was here anyone else in there?" I asked her after the call. She slowly looked up at me and nodded, her already tear-glazed eyes turning even redder before sobbing.

"My- my d-d-dog was I-in there," she said in between sobs. I looked from her to the failing house a few times before running back across the street. I could hear her screaming no somewhere behind me, but the least I could do was try and save her dog.

The front door was laying on the ground, so I ran right in the house. I stopped short, noticing the staircase was completely destroyed. Overwhelming heat was threatening to burn my skin, and I could barely breathe. I lifted my shirt up above my nose, coughing. I would pull my shirt down every once in a while to whistle, but no dog came. I heard some cracking, and right above me, the ceiling was beginning to fall. I dove to the side, barely avoiding the falling wooden structure. I kept whistling, beginning to give up hope after 9 minutes. I jumped over what was now a burning kitchen table, and looked around. I spotted the dog, it's left leg stuck under a cabinet that had fallen. It was a spaniel of some sort, and it had singed hair all over. It's leg was matted in fresh and dry blood. I ran to the dog and tried to lift the cabinet off. It whimpered, and tried to break free. After trying time and time again to get he cabinet off, I grabbed a block of burnt cement and began hitting the cabinet. It gave, and the dog got loose. With the fire from the kitchen area getting closer and closer each second, I grabbed the dog and put it over my shoulder, jumping over the same kitchen table and running for the door... Which no longer had an actual door. The second I submerged into fresh air was the moment the firefighters ran in.

The girl across the street was hysterically crying, and a medic was trying to calm her down while a paramedic was looking at her legs. I ran her dog over to her, and she grabbed it, holding it close to her. She kept whispering its name... Which was Piper. Piper the spaniel. I watched in absolute shock; the house burning was otherworldly. He firemen were putting out the fire. By the time they were done, almost half of the house was destroyed. It was a horrible sight.

The girl had gotten immediate stitches, right there in Autumns yard, and the dog had been taken to the vet, courtesy of one of the other neighbors. People gathered around as the girl explained that a candle had fallen on the shower curtain, catching it and all the bathroom cleaners on fire. Her phone had been on the counter, and was obviously destroyed when the curtain fire spread. She tried running to her bedroom bathroom to get water and put it out, but it had spread to her doorway, and she couldn't get out. Then she pointed at me and explained how I saved her and her dog.

I sat there with my jaw hanging open as she told her story. The firefighters thanked me and told me my bravery saved two lives. The neighbors patted my back and gave me hugs, giving me compliments. When they had cleared, the paramedic began pulling the girl onto a stretcher.

"I want him to come," she said to the lady hoisting up her into the ambulance. She looked at me and I nodded, jumping into the back of the vehicle. They shut the double doors and started the engine, setting off for he hospital. I could hear the girl taking small, having breaths... Like she was silently crying. My suspicions were confirmed when I saw a single tear run down her cheek.

I grabbed her hand, saying "Hey, it's okay. I promise you will be okay, and I'm sure Piper will, too. And if you need, you can stay with Autumn. I know she would be just fine with that. You know her, right?" I asked, trying to get her mind on a different subject. She nodded, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Yeah, she and I went to high school together. By the way, my name is Shiloh. Thank you so much for saving me. I don't think I will ever be able to thank you enough... The way you just jumped in, your own life on the line, just to save me and Piper.. Thank you so much." She said.

" Powell my name is Dylan, and It's no problem. Seriously. Scared the crap out of me a bit, but I'm alive and healthy, so it was worth making sure you were, too." I smiled at her to make her feel better, and she smiled back. She squeezed my hand, and I squeezed hers back.

The ambulance suddenly stopped, and the doors opened. I hopped out of the back as the nurses got her out of the back and rushed her I to the hospital. I followed them to room 214. They allowed me to sit in the waiting room... And I did. For 5 hours straight. Finally they allotted visitors, so I walked in. She was sleeping, so I sat in the chair next to the bed. I studied her now clean face, truly noticing her beauty. She had very defined cheekbones, and soft, pink lips. Her eyelashes were long and luscious, just like her long brown hair. She was beautiful... Stunning... I can't believe I saved her, but I'm so glad I did. I saved a girl named Shiloh.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

HEY GUYS!!! I'm so sorry for not being recent... I feel really bad. I will try to post once a week from here on out. 😃

Also, I hope you dylan fans will like his. Shiloh is a real girl who dm'd me and ended up being super sweet, so I included her in my story. If y guys want a part, just dm or comment a name and a position.

Cameron Dallas is incredible and so funny!! You guys should check out his vines because I laughed so hard at them. He's amazing.

Okay, bye!! You guys are all drop dead gorgeous, and amazing people!! Love ya!!