Chapter 3

The next morning was completely and purely full of happiness. For the first time, I actually woke up without groaning. I woke up smiling. I sat up, remembering the previous night. Meeting the one guy I idolize e most, him talking to me, us going for a walk to the stream, him inviting me to meet the cast. WAIT, he invited me to meet the cast!! Oh yeah, I remember! He asked if I wanted to come watch them act out some scenes for the movie. Wow. It's so surreal, just trying to wrap my head around it.
I skipped down the stairs, humming the whole way. When I got to the kitchen, I felt my brother grab my legs and shoulders, and he swooped me up bridal-style.
"What can I do for you today, miss?" Riley asked. I giggled, trying to put in a serious face, but failing miserably. I really love my brother, I'm so lucky to be in this family.
"Well, since you do ask, I put upon you the horrendous job of fixing me a gourmet breakfast of eggs and toast. I want fresh squeezed oranges for the juice, fresh eggs from the chickens, and newly baked bread baked just this morning." As I said this, I knew how outrageous it was. He won't mind.
"Well, my lady, you will have to settle with juice from a carton, eggs from the fridge, and bread from the store." He said, trying to make it sound like the best option. I laughed as he set me down.
"That'll do!" I said, and he bowed. Sure enough, he pulled some eggs out of the fridge and started cooking them. Hmm. That's out of the ordinary. I took this as my cue to leave the kitchen. I walked over to the cinnamon-scented living room, flipping the television on. I eventually got bored of the television show I was watching, and grabbed my phone. I brought up the instagram app, checking to see if I had any notifications. It said I have 5 new followers, 48 likes, and 5 comments. What!? This never happens!
I viewed my new followers first. They ended up being Thomas Sangster, Kaya Scoldelario, Ki Hong Lee, Will Poulter, and Dylan O'Brien!! YES!! Thomas must have told hme how much I love them!! Okay, second best day of my life.
I viewed the moments next, seeing they were all on a picture of me. My current profile picture.
'Oh my gosh Autumn, you are so pretty!' -kaya
'Yes, I agree with Kaya.' - Will
'Like, oh my gosh girl, like, do you like, love the maze runner as much as Thomas, like, says you do? Like, ohmehgawd.' - Ki Hong
'Its the girl Thomas won't stop talking about! I FOUND HER!' -Dylan
'Guys, shut up! Autumn, ignore them." - Thomas
Huh. That was weird. I can't say I didn't feel my stomach do flips when I read Dylan's comment...
"AUTUMN! You breakfast is ready!" Riley screamed from the kitchen.
"Okay!" I yelled back. Riley walked in with my plate of eggs and toast, cooked to perfection. I sat down and ate, telling Riley that he should be a professional chef.
After breakfast, I got dressed and looked for my mom. I found her in he garden outside, and I decided to help her.
"So, Thomas is moving in when officially?" I asked her, just for something to talk to her about.
"Tomorrow, actually. He is getting packed today, and will be here in the morning tomorrow." She replied. The shock of Thomas Sangster moving in is not quite past yet. I have to fight the squeals off.
"Where did you and Thomas go last night?" My mom asked.
"Oh, we just went to the stream in the park a little ways from here."
"Okay. You two seemed to get along great, then?"
"Yeah. But I don't know what the looks at dinner were about. He seemed to utterly hate me, and then all of a sudden we were joking around at the park." I replied, just now remembering the glares from dinner. What were those about? He said it was a long story... Do I want to know? I'll just wait until he's comfortable enough to tell me himself. Yeah, that sounds good.
My mom stood up and wiped her hands on her gardening shorts, grabbing the shovel and putting it back in the shed. She smiled at me and walking back inside, leaving me to my thoughts in the garden. You know what, I'm going inside. I have the freaking maze runner cast on my instagram, might as well enjoy it.
I ran inside and grabbed my phone, seeing that I had 1 new notification from Dylan. He just said that he can't wait to meet me. Well okay then.
* * *
The doorbell rang, signifying Thomas's arrival. I answered the door, and the second I saw his face my heart warmed. Wait,what? That was a weird feeling. Unlike anything I've experienced before... Hmm.
I laughed as I watched a struggling Thomas try to carry four suitcases by himself. I decided to help him, lifting two suitcases from his arms and carrying them up the stairs to the guest bedroom. He followed, thanking me on the way up for taking the two suitcases.
"Okay! Thomas, this is the room you will be staying in for a year or two." I said, using my hands and arms to show the room. It was a light coffee brown color, with a medium sized bed with dark brown covers and about six matching pillows. It had a dresser we an average flat screen on top, and a window overlooking the rest of the neighborhood. The carpet was white, as well as a bean bag chair.
Thomas looked around the room, a pleased expression on his face.
"Autumn, you guys didn't have to go through this much trouble for me," Thomas said. "Not that I'm not grateful, I really do appreciate it. It's perfect." He quickly added. I just smiled and giggled a little.
"Thomas, we are obviously going to spoil you just a little bit here and there, you know!" I jokingly teased. He chuckled in response and rubbed the back of his neck. I hen took notice in the suitcases.
"Oh, would you like me to help you unpack?" I asked. Perfect opportunity to get to know Thomas a little more!
"That would be lovely, thank you." Thomas said. I ran over to the nearest suitcase and unzipped it. It was the clothes suitcase. YES!!
I took out the shirts and laid them on the bed, taking the hangers out from the closet. I started hooking the shirts onto the hangers in silence, waiting for Thomas to start the conversation. Thankfully, he did start talking after about a minute.
"So you still up for meeting the cast?"
"Oh my gosh, yes! I'm really excited. I seriously can't wait! By the way, it seems they forums my instagram account." I said looking over at Thomas. His cheeks blazed red, and he looked embarrassed.
"I'm sorry about that. They can be... Weird at times." Thomas said, trying to rid the embarrassing moment by putting pictures up on the wall. I giggled, loving the way Thomas covers up his embarrassment.
"You know, Dylan's comment was specifically interesting... He said, and I quote, 'it's the girl Thomas won't stop talking about!" I said, laughing at the end and watching Thomas turn a deeper shade of red.
"In my defense, I was only talking about how I can't wait to move in and get to know you and everyone else." He replied.
"Okay, sure," I said sarcastically. He turned and grinned at me, then continued with his pictures.
After about three hours of unpacking, laughing, joking, and pillow fights, we finally decided it was time for lunch.
"So, Autumn, I was driving around for a bit yesterday, and I found a couple little places we can go for lunch. Would you like to come to lunch with me?" Thomas asked, looking slightly nervous, keeping eye contact with my and offering his arm. This time, instead of fangirling inside, I felt a butterfly flit around. It wasn't the 'I LOVE YOU SO MUCH OMG LETS GET MARRIED' type of butterfly like the fangirls get, but the genuinely happy butterfly. It also had a mix of something else...
I smiled,taking his arm. "Why Thomas, lunch would be lovely!" I replied, using by best British accent. Thomas laughed at me, smiling the smile I have loved since Love Actually.
"That was brilliant! Well, considering you are American and you're not used to the British accent," Thomas exclaimed, making me blush. We walked down the driveway, and, instead of going to the car, Thomas continued walking down the road. Wait, there is a sandwich shop down here?
Sure enough, Thomas and I walked up to a small little deli. Looks like Thomas knows this city better than I do. It was quite a short walk from our house, why hadn't I noticed it before?
Thomas opened the door, bowing slightly for me, gesturing for me to enter. I laughed and curtseyed back to him, walking through the door.
Since he place was small, Thomas and I just seated ourselves next to the window. A tall man with two menus walked up, and smiled at us. Handing us the menus, he asked us what we want to drink. I ordered a strawberry iced tea, and Thomas got a green tea.
"Okay, sounds good. I will be right back with those. Also, is this a first date? We like to do a little something special for couples here." He waiter said. I could feel myself going red, and I saw Thomas go red as well.
"Uh, no. We're not a couple, but, uh, thank you." I replied, stuttering a bit here and there. Thomas just watched me speak the while time, and when I said thank you, he looked up at the waiter.
"Okay. I will be back with your drinks. Please take your time ordering." The man smiled and walked away.
"Well that was awkward," a Thomas said. I nodded, letting out a breath of relief that he weird moment was over.
Thomas grabbed his menu, and I had just then remembered why we were here. I glanced at the menu, and decided on a BLT while Thomas said he wanted a turkey club. The man came back after about 5 minutes.
"Can I take your orders?"
Thomas spoke up first. "Uh, yeah, I'll take the turkey club, and Autumn would like the BLT, thank you."
"Okay, I'll be right back with that," he said, taking the menus.
"Thanks for ordering, I probably would have tripped up my words again," I said, chuckling a bit. Thomas smiled.
"You know, I'm really glad I'm living with your family. I'm glad I chose you guys instead of anyone else." Thomas said, looking down a little bit.
"I'm glad you picked us, too." I said, twiddling my thumbs. I looked up and saw Thomas smile to himself.
"Thomas?"
"Yeah?"
"Is it fun being an actor? You know, getting lost in a character, be infamous, having girls fall at your feet?" I asked.
"I love being an actor, yes. It's a brilliant job, so much fun. The Paps be a bit much sometimes, but it's what I signed up for when I entered the acting and drama business."
"Yeah, I bet. It seems like a lot to juggle at once." I said, imagining having practically me personal privacy.
"It's not too bad, honestly. Just gotta tell them what they want to hear and they'll leave you alone." Thomas replied.
Right then, out waiter walked up with our sandwiches. We thanked him and began eating. This time, we decided to talk about funny moments from our past. I told him about how I locked my grandma out of the house when I was two, and he told me about the fun he has had with cast mates. We kept on talking, not even realizing we had been sitting here for over an hour.
"Thomas, it's 2:00. I think we should probably head out," I said. Thomas looked down at his watch, and pulled out his wallet.
"Thomas, I can pay," I said, pulling my own wallet out of my purse.
"No, you're not." He said. I grabbed he money out of my wallet, waving it in his face. He smirked and pulled out his money as well. When we saw he waiter coming, Thomas and I made eye contact, knowing the game we were about to play. When he waiter got here I handed him my money, but before he could take it, Thomas grabbed it out of my hands and handed his own money to the waiter standing there. The waiter took the money, thanked us for coming in, and left.
"Thomas! I could have payed." I said, trying to conceal the smile on my face. Thomas stuck his tongue out playfully, and we walked out the door. We had just left he property of he deli when Thomas took off running. Wait, why is he running? He turned around, running backwards, and beckoned me toward him before turning back around and taking off again. I ran as fast as I could, thankful that I had tennis shoes on. Eventually I caught up and matched his pace. Thomas stopped running when he got to our house, and went inside, still running, we raced down the stairs to the theater room.
"Autumn... Do you wanna... Do something fun?" Thomas asked in between pants.
"What are we... Doing?" I asked, panting hard as well.
"Is that a yes?" He asked, straightening up.
I looked at him skeptically, not sure of what he wants to do.
"Okay, I'll take that as a yes, come on!" Thomas said. With that, he grabbed my hand and pulled me up to the kitchen. When we got there, he smiled proudly. What is he doing?
"Autumn, you and I are going to bake cookies."