nineteen

Sophia Elliot

As I laid there on my back and stared up at the ceiling, the soft sounds of Toby's snores filled the room again, creating gentle noise, giving me a little bit of peace among my racing mind. I sighed, looking over to the clock which read 3:18AM. I groaned quietly and buried my head under my covers, holding them over my face.

The sound of a loud ding filled the room suddenly, causing Toby to wake up and shoot his head up from his sleep, which I couldn't lie did make me giggle a little bit. I reached out with my left hand to touch Toby to comfort him from the minor shock he had and simultaneously reached my right hand over to my bedside table and grabbed my phone that lit up the room, overpowering the red from my alarm clock. 

I groaned at the all too familiar name that popped up on my screen, rolling my eyes at his message.

Harry:

Well? I don't have forever to wait for an answer, princess.

You in or not?

I bit my lip in thought, going over my options and what it even means to be perfectly honest.

Could I act like I like Harry enough for this plan to even work?

I don't know if I can do that well enough for it to be believable in the slightest, not to the people that knew me anyway.

People are going to work out that it's not real and it's just going to be a waste of my time and effort.

I sighed and typed back my reply, hoping that I wouldn't regret my answer and pulled my lips to the side, thinking over it again with my thumb hovering over the send button, wondering if there was any point.

Toby suddenly barked at a bang from outside, causing me to jump and throw my phone to the other side of my bed and throw my hand over my chest, reaching out to grab him and give him a cuddle because whatever that was, scared him half to death. 

As I held him, I hoped that he didn't wake my mom, dad or Josh up. Toby had calmed down a little and finally stopped shaking as I held him in my arms and I leant back against my headboard, thinking over what to say to Harry again. 

I mean, if I didn't do this, he wouldn't be at a loss, only I would.

So why does he care that I do this so much?

He's not even getting anything out of it.

My thoughts were cut off again by a ding echoing throughout the room and my phone screen lighting up from the other side of my bed, I furrowed my eyebrows and reached out for it and my heart dropped when I looked at the notification on my screen.

Harry:

Okay good.

We'll meet up and talk about this tomorrow, meet me at the coffee shop on Jett Lane at noon.

I sent it.

Fuck.

I must've hit the fucking send button when Toby made me jump.

My heartbeat raced as I slowly placed my phone down in disbelief.

What have I gotten myself into now?

I sighed and threw myself back, Toby coming up to my face, littering it with kisses as his tail wagged furiously. Turning to look at him, he stopped and sat down, looking at me with, what looked like it could've been, a small smile. 

I let out a chuckle and rubbed behind his ear, "This is your fault."