Chapter 12

Isaac and Allison were dancing until Allison ran her hands through Isaac's hair feeling something behind his ear. "Isaac what's that behind your ear?" she asked him nervously . "What?" he asked feeling behind his ear. Carefully Allison tilted his head so she could see behind his ear. When she did this she was shocked. Behind his ear was a backwards five. 

She lead him to the hall closet where they found a mirror where Isaac confirmed what Allison had said. Suddenly they heard a noise and looked over seeing Ethan on the ground shaking. Isaac walked over grabbing his arm. He looked at Allison and told her "I have to trigger the heeling process" with that he turned back to Ethan and broke his arm snapping him out of his trance. 

Meanwhile inside the party Lydia had walked out onto the balcony trying to get away so she could think when the creatures appeared. She went to scream but it held up it's hand making her unable to scream. Again they repeated the same process which caused her to collapse. 

Inside Aiden and Danny were trying to find Lydia and Ethan. They searched inside for a while, even asking Newt if he'd seen his sister. When Newt told them no they ran off which confused Newt and Thomas.

Soon Danny had walked out onto the balcony finding Lydia shivering. Immediately he called Aiden to help him carry her inside. Aiden quickly picked her up bridal style then they both noticed the heater in the corner of the room. "I'll go see if I can find a blanket" Danny said then ran off. Aiden sat down with Lydia by the heater trying to warm her up.

 As soon as Newt noticed Aiden carrying his sister he ran towards them. Thomas quickly followed grabbing the blonde boy's hand trying to comfort him. 

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER?!" Newt yelled at Aiden. "I didn't do anything. We found her out on the balcony shivering and practically hypothermic" Aiden answered looking at Newt noticing his glare. Newt glanced to his older sister trying to figure out anything he can do to help her.

As he went to help they heard the music cut out and Derek's voice scream "GET OUT?" Almost everyone ran towards the door. Isaac and Allison had to try and push past the crowd while supporting Ethan. The only people left in the room was Scott's pack and the Gladers/Scorchers. Soon just like before the creatures surrounded them. 

The pack panicked looking towards the Gladers/Scorchers trying to remain calm while pulling out their weapons. The werewolves in the room being the only ones who could hear their conversation. "This whole thing has been WCKD hasn't it?" Aris questioned Nervously. "We should have known. We should have known this whole thing was a trick. Those shanks in WCKD wouldn't just let us go" Minho ranted.  "This is my fault" Thomas whispered. "No Tommy. You know that's not true" Newt responded grabbing Thomas' hand. 

"It is Newt I shouldn't have come with you. You guys would have been safe. You heard Teresa the reason Brenda was cured was because of me. You two Newt. You didn't hear what Janson had planned for me. I should have known Janson wouldn't ket me go" Thomas whispered. 

Scott looked back at the boy who had become like a little brother to him. He could see the pain and guilt in Thomas' eyes. 

Knowing that they didn't have a choice Scott, Derek, and Isaac got ready to fight and reveal their secret to the Gladers/scorchers. As soon as they went to fight the creatures made swords appear from nowhere. This forced Scott, Isaac, and Derek to back off. 

The creatures turned their attention back to Aiden repeating the process they had used for everyone else. Aiden fell to the ground shivering. The creatures then turned to Scott but sunlight started to come in through the window causing the creatures disappear while still looking at Scott.  

Ethan quickly ran over and helped Aiden up. The gladers/scorchers had no idea what to do. they quickly looked at each other then went to leave trying to avoid talking about what happened in case someone heard what they had been talking about. 

Scott tried to go after them thinking about what they had said earlier. Lydia stopped him knowing that they needed time to process everything.