Chapter 14

At the school Scott and Kira had taken pieces from the twins bikes so they could get away from them. Kira hopped onto the back of Scott's dirtbike and they rode to Scott's. 

Scott led Kira into his house and started to explain their security system and how only his mom could arm it. Eventually Scott led Kira into his bedroom and she pulled out a book explaining what she was. She explained that she was a kitsnue. 

As Scott and Kira were talking Newt walked in looking for Isaac. Scott met him in the kitchen and explained Isaac was out with Allison and wouldn't be home for a while. Scott did everything he could to avoid talking about the creatures that had attacked them. He could see Newt looking around trying to make sure nothing was able to sneak up on him.

Scott looked outside and saw the sun starting to set and there was one major problem with that Melissa wasn't home yet to activate their "security system". Scott also knew that he needed to get Newt out of the house or upstairs before the creatures showed up if he didn't want them to find out their secret. 

Before Scott could say anything to Newt Agent McCall walked into the house looking for him. Melissa walked in not long after. "Mom, you need to set up the ash" Scott told her looking outside again noticing the sun had set. Melissa went to find the jar of mountain ash when the creatures appeared out of the shadows. McCall tried to talk to them but was stabbed. Melissa acted quickly dragging him back and putting pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. 

The creatures moved in and Newt was surrounded to terrified to even move. The only thing that was helping him was the fact that their attention wasn't on him. Their attention was on Scott and Kira that is until Derek came bursting in. The twins came crashing through the window fully wolfed out growling at the creatures. 

Scott looked at Newt knowing their secret had been blown. Newt knew and would most likely tall the others. Ethan, Aiden, and Derek started to fight the creatures around Newt not noticing him until it was to late. 

Newt stood there practically frozen. He started thinking that this was just a trick from WCKD causing him to have a flashback. Newt started breathing rapidly and his heart rate picked up. The werewolves around him heard his heart rate pick up but weren't sure why. 

Eventually Ethan, Aiden, and Derek were able to push the creatures out of the house. This allowed Melissa to throw down a jar of mountain ash locking them out of the house. 

One creature put it's hand up but it bounced of the barrier. "Will that hold them?" Kira asked nervously. "Not for long" Derek responded walking out of the kitchen to talk to Scott. Aiden and Kira both stood by the door watching the creatures. Kira tried to put her hand out the door when she hit the mountain ash border. Aiden noticed this and grabbed her hand. Making her touch it again so he could be sure of what he just saw. 

"What are you?" Aiden asked as Derek walked back into the room. "She's a kitsnue idiot." Derek said noticing Ethan and Aiden's confused expression. "How did you know?" she asked. "The younger ones give off an aura. You haven't learned to conceal it yet." He responded. Kira nodded. 

Melissa was now in Scott's bedroom trying to treat Rafael the best that she could. "Scott we need to get him to the hospital. His pulse is weakening and he is on his way to a collapsed lung". She told Scott. Scott nodded trying to think of the best way to deal with everything. "Would calling an ambulance just get more people hurt"? She asked. Before Scott could responded the whole house felt a blow from one of the creatures trying to find a weakness in the mountain ash. 

While all this was happening no one noticed Newt in the corner having a panic attack. That is until Ethan heard his accelerated heart rate and his heavy breathing. "I'm sorry Tommy, I'm sorry" He mumbled. Ethan knew they had to help him before he passed out. 

As Newt's flashback continued and his breathing kept becoming more unsteady the creatures outside kept trying to find ways to get into the house. 

Soon the creatures had found a weakness in the barrier and where using it to break the barrier. At this point Scott was in the Kitchen with Derek, Ethan, Aiden, and Newt who was still not focused on anything going on around him. 

Scott's phone rang. The caller ID flashed Allison. "Scott the creatures their called oni, they looking for a dark spirit. They know that you're supernatural but they won't hurt you as long as you let them look" Allison explained. Scott quickly hung up and told everyone not to do anything. He looked at Kira before trying to reassure her that the oni were not looking for her. 

As they broke through the mountain ash the twins went to attack again but Scott told them not to do anything. The creatures walked up to Scott and Kira and repeated the same process they had with everyone else leaving a backwards five behind their ears. They glanced at Newt almost like a warning but disappeared. 

Newt was still in the corner mumbling the same sentence over and over again, "I'm sorry Tommy, I'm sorry". 

As soon as the creatures disappeared Melissa called an ambulance to take care of her ex-husband. When the paramedics came in and started working on him she walked out of the room to give them space to work. 

That is when she noticed Newt. Newt was still sitting with his back against the wall panicking. "Newt, sweetie I need you to calm down for me ok" She told him trying to help. She continued trying to talk to him and calm him down but nothing was working. 

She knew that he needed to calm down quickly especially since he had been in this state since the oni had first broken through the windows. That's when she noticed he was mumbling something. She leaned closer trying to hear what he was saying. "I'm sorry Tommy, I'm sorry". After hearing that Melissa knew exactly what she needed to do to help Newt calm down. She knew they needed Thomas. She also knew exactly where to find him. He was at the hospital staying with Stiles. 

She quickly almost like it was nothing picked Newt up carefully and carried him to the car trying to get him to Thomas as fast as she could.