Chapter 18

Addison's POV

I knocked on Avery's apartment door a little hesitantly. I was just hoping that Harry wouldn't be there, because usually when he's there, Niall's there and I'm not emotionally prepared to see him yet. Even though I'm planning on seeing him tonight anyway.

"Hey!" she shouted, pulling me in for a hug.

"Um, hey. Do you mind if I wear that outfit you wore when we spent that day doing homework?"

"I honestly don't even know which one you're talking about. What's wrong with what you're wearing?"

"It's not casual enough."

She nodded and let me in.

"Is Harry here?" I whispered.

She shook her head. "He doesn't even know I'm back yet, to be honest."

"Really?"

"I wanted to surprise him," she shrugged.

I nodded and stared at the contents of her closet.

"I think you look fine, and if you go anymore casual, Niall's going to think that you're a mess without him."

"True."

"Do you still want to change?"

"Not really."

"Okay then. Are you ready to go?"

I nodded and we headed back out. "How do you know where to go if you haven't talked to Harry since you've been back?"

"He told me where they were rehearsing while I was still in New York."

"Oh."

"Are you nervous?"

"Very."

"Do you know what you want to say to him?"

"Not really. I just know that I don't want him to think that we'll be able to get back together."

"You still don't want to get back together?"

"No. I'll get over him, with time. I hope."

"All due respect babe, I don't think you'll be able to get over Niall. You love him too much."

I looked down and started playing with the end of my cardigan. "You know what's funny?"

"Hmm?"

"Everyone else keeps saying that we'll never stay apart because we love each other, but neither of us have said those words to each other."

She looked over at me after she parked the car. "Are you serious? You and Niall have been together longer than Harry and I have."

I shrugged.

"Do you want to go in?"

"Yeah."

She nodded and we both got out of the car. Avery waved to a few of the security guards, and they seemed very excited to see her. A few of them smiled and nodded at me, and I looked at Avery.

"Apparently Niall hasn't stopped talking about you, and showing the security guards your picture. He really wants you back, Ad."

"I just... I don't know anymore."

"Do you love him?"

"Hey Avery," a big guy dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt said. He wore a smile that showed exactly how much he liked Avery.

"Hi Paul. How's the family?"

"Great!" His eyes turned to look at me, and he gave me a smile that resembled the one he gave Avery. "You must be Addison. Niall will be so excited to see you. Does he know you're here?"