Chapter 12

Avery's POV

"So how many rooms are there?" Addison asked the realtor.

"Ten. Five on this floor and then five more upstairs," she said. "Where would you like to start?"

"Um.. The upstairs."

Mary nodded and we followed her to the glass staircase, three pairs of heels clicking against the tile. "So, what exactly are you thinking of using this space for?"

"A photography studio."

"Your own?"

"No. I work for them, and they want me to be in charge of the new London branch."

"Interesting. What are your plans so far?"

"I was thinking that the rooms downstairs could be the offices, and the ones up here could be where we'll take pictures, providing that they're big enough."

"This is definitely a very nice place," Mary said.

"It is."

"Here are the rooms."

We looked inside them, and I noticed Addison smiling. The rooms were definitely big enough to take pictures in.

"What are you thinking?" Mary asked Addison.

"They're really nice, perfect really. Can we go look downs stairs now?"

"Absolutely."

We went downstairs and Addison started talking about where she'd put the main desk, the sitting area, and other things. She was definitely loving this place, and I could tell that she was probably going to go for it.

"Are you liking this one?"

"Loving it. But I still need to know the price and see if it's within our budget."

"Of course, I'll be right back." She left and we waited in the middle of the room.

"Avery," Addison started, arms folded across her chest. "Tell me what happened."

"I don't think this is the right place.."

"It is. You wouldn't tell me yesterday, but now everyone is asking me what happened between the two of you. Including fans."

"Harry and I, well I started a fight."

"About what?"

"This magazine article that he told me to not look up."

"Well I don't blame you for doing that because I would have done the same thing. What did it say?"

"Apparently, he's only got eyes for one girl and that girl isn't me. Her name is Hannah, and she's gorgeous."

"So are you. Are you sure it's true? Maybe they mixed up the names.."

I looked down at my brown boots. "I saw Harry talking to her.."

"And?"

"And he told me that she was just a fan."

"Okay."

"So why did he have to tell me that if I didn't even ask? And if she was just a friend, then why didn't he tell me that?"

She sighed, and put her brown coat on. "I don't know, but I'm sure there's a reason for all of this."

"You want me to talk to him."

"Of course I do."

"Why? He's probably hanging out with that Hannah girl guilt free now."

"Avery, you didn't see his face when he walked out of your apartment. If you called him, there wouldn't be any hesitation in wanting to see you again."

"I'm not ready for that yet... I need to figure out what the truth is."

She nodded.

"Okay, here is the amount."

Addison looked down at the paper, and smiled. "Well within our budget. I'll have my boss call and get everything settled."

"Alright. Thanks you guys, and I can't wait to see you again."

We smiled and waved, and as soon as we walked out, Addison called her boss.