Chapter 3

"I think you're overreacting about this whole date thing," Addison said.

"How so?"

"He doesn't even know where you live, so I doubt he'd be able to even pick you up."

I shrugged. "True."

"Want some?" Addison asked, holding out a small bag of French fries.

"Sure." I grabbed a couple. "I can't believe I didn't realize where he lives. And if it's anything like last time, I won't have to see him for a while."

Addison sighed.

"Of course it'd be terrible for you, because then you won't see Niall."

"Yeah. I hate that I'm just a coffee house girl."

"You are not just a coffee house girl to him!"

"Apparently I am."

"It's only because he doesn't have your number, and he doesn't know where you live. Once he knows that stuff I'm sure you'll see him more."

"I hope you're right."

"Of course I'm right!"

She laughed and ran right into someone. "Oh," she whined.

"I'm so sorry," the guy apologized.

"My fries."

"I can get you more if you'd like?"

She took a deep breath and finally looked up. "Harry?"

"Addison?"

I turned to face him instead of Addison.

"And Avery," he smiled.

"That's, like, the most I've heard you talk since I met you."

He laughed.

"What are you doing down here, again?" I asked.

"Uh, I was sitting at home, planning our date when I realized I didn't know where you lived.. So I decided to see if you were still working so I could come back and ask."

"Oh.."

"Well, I'm gonna go inside."

"Oh, you live around here?" he asked.

"Yeah, uh, right there actually," she pointed to the building we were standing next to. "Second floor, room 6B. Feel free to tell Niall."

Harry laughed. "Okay, I will."

"Unless that seems a little desperate, then.. don't."

"Got it."

She waved and went inside.

"Do you love here too?"

"Yeah.."

"Are you going to tell me what room or show me?"

"I guess I can just show you."

He smiled and allowed me to walk in front of him. This whole thing felt really weird, to be honest. I'm leading a guy that I've only met twice, and have a date with on Saturday, up to my apartment. I pulled my keys out once I was in front of my door.

"You're in the room across from Addison?"

"Yeah.. At first we kind of doubted it was a good idea to be in separate rooms, and then even more so once I had to help her break into her apartment because she locked her keys inside," I said, opening my door and leading him inside. "Then we decided to make copies of our keys, so hopefully one of us always remembers them."

He laughed and sat down on the couch. "It's nice in here."

"Thanks."

"Are you excited about our date?"

I stopped moving, and possibly breathing, before turning to face him.

"I mean, I kind of noticed that you didn't really want to go on the date, but I'm hoping that you're at least excited now."

"I guess, kind of, yeah."

"Good. If you're completely not down with it, then I guess I can cancel it."

"No, it's fine. It might be nice getting to know the real Harry Styles instead of just silent, order a coffee, staring creepily Harry Styles."

"Maybe I actually am that guy."

"Then I'll seriously have to reconsider this date."

We both laughed, and there was a knock on the door. I went to go answer it and smiled.

"I ordered Chinese!" Addison said.

"Yay!"

"Oh good, I'm starving."

We both looked at Harry.

"Who said you were staying?" I asked.

"He can stay-"

"Addi-"

"But only of you call Niall and tell him to come meet you here?" she more asked.

Harry smiled. "That won't be a problem. There's two things here that he likes.."

I could hear Addison take a deep breath.

"Me and food."

She exhaled and glared at him. "Maybe he can't stay."

"No! Please let me stay? I'm sorry, I was just joking. He likes you, look I'm calling him right now."

She laughed and went to go set the food on the table.

"Okay, he said he'll be here in two minutes."

"Two minutes? Really?" I asked.

"He really likes food and he likes Addison a lot more."

She blushed and pulled the food out of the bag.

"Plus he was already close to here so.."

She glared at him again before turning to look at me. "Are you sure you want to go on a date with him?"

I looked at him and smiled. "Yeah, kind of."

He smiled.

"Okay, this just got a little more romantic.."

"No, it didn't."

"It did."

"No."

She gave me the 'you know it's true' look and got up to answer the door. "Niall!" I heard her shout.

"I hear you have food."

"Yeah, come in. We were just talking about how Avery is finally starting to open up about her feelings for Harry."

"Really?"

"No," I mumbled, even though my face felt like it was on fire. I can't possibly have feelings for Harry, everything he does irritates me...

Even though I said I was going to go on that date with him, it was only because he looked like a lost puppy when Addison asked. Yeah.. I definitely don't like Harry like that, but it should be interesting to see what he's like on a date.

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna go with for now.