Chapter 7

Addison's POV

Niall is literally driving me crazy. He won't answer any of my texts or calls and it's really bothering me. I don't know what I did to make him so mad at me.. Okay, that's not technically true. I know he's really upset about me going to New York, but this is really important to me. I've been dreaming about being a photographer since high school, and I'm finally getting the chance to make it happen. But now that something is going on between Niall and I... Maybe I don't want it as much anymore.

I sighed and listened to the slow movement of the river hitting the wall. I had let my hair down after Niall left, and now it was blowing slightly in the wind. I should have gone home with Harry and Avery, but I kind of wanted to be alone, and now that I actually am, I'm not too fond of it. If I was home I'd probably be warm, and I don't even have a jacket with me today. Freaking cold weather is starting to come.

"Addison, can we talk?"

I looked over slightly, and my eyes met Niall's. "Uh.. Yeah, I guess."

He nodded and sat down next to me.

It was silent for a few seconds as Niall tried to find something to say. I wasn't exactly sure what to say, so I just continued to look at the river with my arms wrapped around myself to try and keep warm.

"Addi, I'm sorry. I feel like such a jerk for not being supportive of you, but we were just starting to get somewhere and now you're leaving. It's just hard for me to deal with that."

"I'm not really mad at you.. I'm just confused."

"Confused about what?"

"If I should go or stay."

"Please tell me I'm not the reason?"

"I can't. I really like you Niall, and since we've gotten closer, I'm finding it harder to just pick up and leave."

"This is what you've wanted for so long.. I think you should go for it."

"You do?"

"Yeah. I'm sure we'll think of a way to stay together or something."

"We're together?"

He blushed. "Oh.. Um, I didn't, I thought.. I'm not sure what I'm saying right now.. Do you want to.. Is that what you want? Is that okay?"

I bit my lip and started rubbing my arms.

"Did I just make everything worse?"

"N-No. I'm just thinking.."

"I definitely made everything worse. I'm really, really sorry."

I finally looked at him, and he was already nervously looking at me.

"I moved way too fast didn't I?"

My eyes flickered between his and the nerves in them continued to grow.

"I think I need to think about things.."

"Things? Like what things exactly?"

"Look, Ni," I said, standing up, "I need to figure out if I want a long distance relationship, or if I don't want that... Or even if I want to go to New York or stay here. I just need to think."

He was now standing directly in front of me, and had taken both of my hands in his. "If this helps, at all, I'm willing to do a long distance relationship, because I really like you and just because you're moving away doesn't mean we should automatically stop something that could potentially lead to-"

"Niall, I get it," I laughed.

"Oh and one more thing.." He removed one of his hands and put it on the back of my neck, and then pulled me closer to him.

My lips touched his, and as soon as the initial shock wore off, the feeling of how perfect it felt started to sink in. It's like everyone faded away and Niall was the only person I could focus on. He finally pulled away and smiled, and I could suddenly feel the butterflies in my stomach.

"I don't know if that helped anything, but I've wanted to do that since I first saw you, and since you might be leaving I figured now would be a good time."

"Yeah.. That was, really great timing.."

"But you still need to think about things, right?"

"But, maybe it won't take as long."

He smiled and gave me his jacket after he noticed me shivering slightly, and then he wrapped his arm around me as we started walking back to my apartment. I feel slightly less confused, but I'm still questioning whether it's the right thing to do or not.

-

Okay, yes it's been a while and it's short, but I FINALLY UPDATED. I've been so busy with school, and I'll probably be busy this week too since I'm a senior and it's homecoming. I promise I'll update when I can, but it'll be slow and I'm also working on my Ashton fanfic, so as soon as that update is complete I'll move back to this one. I hope you're enjoying this and I hope you're excited to see what Addison's decision is, and for the growing romance between Harry and Avery. I know I am :)

Love ya,

Rachel