Chapter 4

"He said casual, but I'm still not sure what to wear," I told Addison.

"Do you know what you're doing on your date?" she asked.

"Nope, just that I should dress casually," I sighed and put a couple shirts back in the closet.

"Okay, let's work from the bottom, up."

"I kind of wanted to wear these," I said. I pulled out a neutral colored heel, with a cutout on the heel.

"And black skinny jeans can be easily dressed up or down.."

I smiled and went to grab them.

"Oh! What about that black and white striped sweater you bought the other day?"

"Which one?"

"The one that you bought to go on that date with that one guy you met in the store, but then he cancelled and.."

"Isn't that bad luck or something? Like it's now a cursed sweater?"

"Yeah, because you want a future with him," she joked.

"Uh, yeah.. Right."

She gave me a weird look before just shaking her head and grabbing the sweater out of the closet.

"So what happened when you and Niall left?" I quickly asked.

"Um.. Not a whole lot, really. Just more awkwardly cute moments I guess."

"Like what?"

She shrugged.

"Addison, I know something happened so you might as well tell me."

She groaned. "Fine, the something that happened, was that nothing happened. We just talked and nothing was said about how he feels about me or how I feel about him, and it sucked."

"I'm sorry.."

"It's fine, Avery. I guess I was wrong about how much he liked me, but whatever. Now I don't have to be tied down and I can take any dates."

She handed me the sweater and sat down on my bed, trying to avoid any eye contact because she knows I can see right through her. I just pulled the shirt over my head and put my jeans on. I stood there with my arms crossed for a while before she finally looked at me.

"What?" she laughed.

"I think you're more upset about this than you're letting on."

She shook her head and stood up. "I'm fine, really."

"Then why are you in sweatpants and your Niall shirt that you wore to their concert last year?"

"Because it's comfortable, and it's not like I'm going anywhere.. And it was the first shirt I grabbed out of my dresser."

"Sure."

"It's true."

"No."

I rolled my eyes and followed her out to the kitchen, my shoes in hand. She sat on the couch and I sat at the table to put my shoes on.

"I should probably go.." Addison sighed.

"What, why?"

"Because Harry is probably going to be here soon and I don't want to awkwardly still be here and everything."

"I see."

She laughed and we walked to the door together. I opened it and three of us jumped. "Harry! Wow, this is a surprise."

"Is it, because we did have a date," he laughed.

Addison awkwardly turned around and started to walk away before she realized what was on the back of her shirt, and then she turned around again.