Chapter 37

I recommend reading the last part of chapter 36 - just because this takes place RIGHT AFTER the last chapter.... hope you enjoy this one :)

•••

Clementine angrily drove down the street. Surely she couldn't be allowed to be mad that he had a new girlfriend, but was she? She honestly didn't know what had made her so angry - maybe jealousy... probably jealousy.

She turned on the familiar street, passing by all the fancy houses and mansions. Her vision was blurry due to how stressed and angry she was, her breathing rapid. 'Did he like her the whole time?!'

She pulls into Louis' driveway, turns the car off, and angrily storms up to the front door. She raises her hand to knock - bang - on the door, but she hesitates, her fist lifted in the air but not moving.

'He's happy.. I don't need to fuck with him, it'll only mess him up.' "He's over me, and happy..." She says aloud, now feeling guilty instead of angry. She puts her fist back down to her side, turns around, and walks back to the car.

•••

"Louis!"

'Shut the fuck up.'

"Lou-Lou!"

'Annoying bitch...'

"Louis-!"

"What, Sophie?!" He yells in annoyance, turning his head to look at the redhead next to him in the car.

"I wanna go shopping."  Sophie says with a sadistic smile.

He rolls his eyes, turning his attention back to the road to drive, "No. I already took you."

"But that was just ONE store, Lou! I wanna go to another one!" She says with a whine in her voice.

"You're so fucking childish, you know that?"

In one fluid motion, Sophie slaps him. His cheek stinging, he had almost no reaction. "What the fuck was that for?"

"It was because you're being a dick. You have to remember to RESPECT me, not anyone else, ME. And I'm in charge, not you. So whatever I say, goes." She says mockingly, crossing her arms tightly as she side-glares at him.

Louis grips the steering wheel and mutters, "Fucking bitch.." Luckily, she doesn't hear it.

After going to three different clothing and makeup stores, Louis is finally back home after dropping Sophie off at her house.

He gets out of his car and walks into the mansion. By now he knew his way around the place. On his way to the kitchen, he notices letters piled up before running into his dad.

Charles was seated at the breakfast table, quietly reading the newspaper in his hands. Louis takes off his famous trench coat and opens the fridge, "Ya know, Charles, those are like.. really outta date."

Keeping his eyes on the newspaper, Charles replies sarcastically, "Isn't that coat older than you?"

"Y- .... Touché." Louis snickers, closing the fridge and grabbing a bag of chips out of the cabinet. He sits down at the table with his father. By now him and Charles were pretty close; though Louis was still calling him by his real name, Charles didn't seem to mind.