Chapter 40

the picture 👆 is context for Clem's prom dress

the picture 👆 is context for Clem's prom dress.. just for more of a visual picture for you guys

•••

Sophie and Minerva's parents had been very successful. Even adopting a young boy named Tennessee for more of a "complete family."

Shawn had inherited a fortune after both of his parents died. And Melissa had come from a family of wealth. Together, Shawn and Melissa had more money than the Smith's - the Smith family had generations of wealth and fortune, always being known to have more than the Walt's.. but once Melissa became a Walt too, they beat that record.

Well, until their loyal daughter had betrayed them...

Sophie always got whatever she wanted. And even in the boarding school, any bad actions that Sophie had caused or did, she'd say her sister Minerva did it. Even after they got out of the school, she would blame her sister for everything, and they would believe it. Young Minerva would try to convince her parents, but all they did was continue to call her a liar, and would refuse to buy her anything that she wanted - though they'd treat Sophie with tons, giving her all the toys and dresses, everything she wanted.

Tenn too, they'd spoil him and Sophie together. Tenn was the only one in the family that believed Minnie - only because Minerva was the one to practically raise Tennessee, call him her own once her parents said they "had no time for him."

All of that changed once they started to notice their bank account getting lower and lower...

Keep in mind, the Walt's - including Shawn, Melissa, Minerva, Sophie, and Tennessee - were still ahead of the Smith's wealth after all these years. And years ago, when young Louis Smith had spent a fortune to ruin his parents marriage, Shawn had saw this as a score.

Though don't get me wrong, Shawn did care for Charles Smith, the two being best of friends since they were kids. But in the public eye, it was very important to him that the family name had wealth to it. So once they noticed their bank account, they first assumed that one of their children had been doing what Louis did years ago (they being Shawn and Melissa).

So they accused Minnie, after years and years of all of her "lies" and "disloyalty to the family name," they obviously accused her. But once they saw their "loyal daughter" Sophie's closet, and all of the new makeup and perfume, the jewelry, they instantly came to their conclusion: she had been stealing.

Every month, Shawn and Melissa spoiled their three children by giving them thousands of dollars.. a month! So once Sophie ran out of that monthly money, she asked for a credit card to the families bank account, and because she was so "loyal," they gave it to her.

Once they found out it was her, they had also came to the conclusion that Minnie had been telling the truth all these years, even Tenn told them. So they refused to give Sophie money, refused to buy her clothes, and refused to give her anything that she wanted. The only thing that she did get though was needs: such as food, water, hygiene products, toiletries, just all the needs in general.