Chapter 3: New Beginnings (edited)

Ron walked around the train until he found a boy sitting by himself. "Excuse me. Do you mind? Everywhere else is full." Ron asked, peeking his head around the door to look at the boy. "Not at all." was his reply. Ron came and sat across from the boy and introduced himself. "I'm Ron, by the way. Ron Weasley." Ron said confidently. "I'm Harry. Harry Potter." Ron's face fell into shock. "So, it's true! I mean, do you have the..." He paused, unsure how to ask. "What?" "the scare?" As if it was no issue at all Harry lifts his bangs to show Ron the scare he gained 'warding off the Dark Lord'. Thinking it was cool Ron responded excitedly "Wicked!" The boys chuckled and sat in silence for a bit till the trolley came by. "Anything off the trolley, dears?" "No, thanks. I'm all set." Ron says pulling some sort of crumbled food that looked like it fell apart in his pocket. Harry looks at him and pulls out a handful of coins. "We'll take the lot." He stated, handing the woman the money. The boys sat around and ate candies and talked. Ron asked if Harry wanted to see a magic trick to turn his rat yellow when a young girl stopped by to ask if they had seen a toad when she asked what they were doing. Watching Ron's poorly attempted magic trick she showed them 'real' magic by fixing Harry's classes. After telling them they needed to put their robes on she told Ron he had dirt on his face and walked off. The boys just looked at each other.

Down the train where the twins, Lee and Alek sat there talking. "Well Lee? Are you gonna take the bet or not?" Alek smirked at the dark-skinned boy enjoying the boy's uncomfortableness. "I'm not making no bet with a slimy Slytherin." She scoffed. "You don't even know me Lee. I'm not anything like those nasty people who think they are better than others. So maybe you should drop your 'higher than thou' attitude." She sneered at the boy. Lee turned a glare at her and didn't say anything at all. The twins looked between the two of them. "Hey George?" "Yeah Freddie?" "I bet the two of them will be at each other's throats by the end of the year. What say you?" George looked at his brother and shrugged. "I think They'll end up being somewhat not friends instead..." George said, looking at Alek. Fred and George have started to notice that Alek was no longer a girl and they were starting to become men and well.... They couldn't help but admire her and sometimes they would talk about certain things with one another wondering if it was normal. "Hellooooo. Fred. George?" They both snapped their heads to meet Alek in the eyes before looking anywhere but her. "Are y'all good? Lee and I have been trying to get yall's attention for a minute now." She said, smirking. She had noticed them blush when they noticed they were staring. "So, what is y'all plans for the year?" The trio shrugged. "Pranks as usual Alek." Fred scoffed like she had asked a stupid question. She giggled.

Fred's POV

Alek had caught us red handed and knew we were staring at us. She gave this shy giggle that was cute.... Wait. I'm sorry what? My face, if it was even possible, had gotten redder at the thought. Godric what was happening? She's a girl! A pretty girl... BUT A GIRL THAT IS MY FRIEND!! George looked at me and I could tell that he too was at war with himself. Man, what was this girl doing to us?!?

3rd POV

Once the train stopped the four of them went off to find a carriage to get to the carriage. The twins were picking on Alek saying that this year they were gonna run her into the mud during the quidditch friendly. She laughed and said they first had to catch her before she got the snitch. When they go to the great hall, they say their goodbyes and see you later. When they all sat down Professor McGonagall was leading the first years in. Dumbledore stood and walked to the podium. "I have a few start-of-term notices I wish to announce." He started off scanning the room. "The first years, please note that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students." Dumbledore looked at the Weasley twins when said that and smirked just enough for them to notice. "Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you, that the third-floor corridor is out of bounds...." He nodded towards Mr. Filch and Alek grumbled something about the man being an arse. Dumbledore continued on with his speech. "...for everyone who does not wish to die the most painful death. Thank you." With that Dumbledore left the podium and sat back down giving the stage back to Professor McGonagall. She started to call names into their houses. The young girl Harry and Ron had met earlier was the first to be called and sorted into Gryffindor. The room burst into cheers before dying down. The next to be called up was Draco Malfoy, who Harry had started on the wrong foot, was sorted into Slytherin. Alek sighed as her house cheered. "Great another big headed pure-blood. Just what I needed." she grumbled angrily. She watched as the boy walked past her and she let out a sigh she had no clue she was holding until he passed her. A cute little redhead was called and placed in Hufflepuff. Ron and Harry Were placed in Gryffindor. When Harry was placed in Gryffindor, the table went crazy. Alek kind of wanted Harry in her house. She knew her and the boy would get along smashingly. Dumbledore stood and announced for the feast to start. This was Alek's favourite part of the first day back.