Chapter 6: Yule Ball (edited)

A/N: Play the song when queued. Thanks <3

It's a new year and everyone was hearing a rumour that something epic was going to happen this year, but no one knew what it was. Alek, Lee, and the twins sat together in their compartment talking excitedly about what was going to happen this year. "George. Fred. Do you think we might have a dance?" Alek asked shyly. She had realised that she had crushes on the two boys over the summer. She stayed with Ginny that summer talking about boys when Ginny had pointed it out to her that she was crushing on both boys and not just one of them. Alek freaked and asked Ginny what she should do and spoke. "Do nothing and regret it Alek. Do something but then choose." She was so confused now. She sat next to Fred who was speaking to the other two animatedly. She wasn't paying attention as she looked out the window. "Alek?" Fred and George were calling her, but she hadn't noticed how close they were. "I bet the two of you wouldn't do something out of the blue to catch her attention." Lee smirked at the two who raised an eyebrow. "Like what Lee?" Lee thought for a moment. "Her neck. I dare you two to kiss her neck." He said, smirking at the two. "How much are we betting?" Fred asked. "5 galleons a piece." The boys shrugged. "If we both do it, you owe us 10 galleons." Fred smirked and nodded at George who knelt beside her and tucked her hair behind her ear. Fred scooted closer to her as they both dipped their heads into the crook of her neck, the moment their lips touched her neck she shivered, and a small whimper left her own. Her head snapped to the side as glared at them. "What in the Godric are you two doing!" She smacked her hands over her neck and stood. She excused herself quickly.

Fred POV

She stood and left, and I looked at George confused. "Reckon it's like that time at the after Quidditch party when Hermione dared us to kiss her?" George looked at me and shrugged. "I think so, Freddy. She was pretty cute than too, don't you think?" He sat in her seat and had a smug look on his face. I looked at Lee. "Pay up friend." George and I looked at each other and stood. "We'll be back, Lee. George and I need to talk." We went out of our compartment and moved a little ways down so Lee couldn't hear. "George... I'm going to ask Alek out this year... and I know you have feelings for her too." "Go ahead Freddie. I'll just wait till you fuck up or she realises who's the better-looking twin." He smirked and looked over to see Alek. "If I were you I would do it now... or maybe just wait till you grow a pair!" George said before ducking back into the compartment.

3rd POV

At the feast Dumbledore announced that the school would be holding the Triwizard tournament, and they would be hosting Durmstrang and Beauxbatons, and they would arrive in October and that would be when he would disclose more information. The twins were excited because the winner would get 1000 galleons. That would be enough to open their shop. Finally, Halloween rolled around, and everyone gathered outside to greet the schools. Alek was wearing her jumper and black jeans. She stood between the twins and watched as the students came in. "Goodness. They're so pretty." Someone stated as the Beauxbatons girls walked by them. "Harry, look it's Krum!!" They heard Ron swooning across the school yard, and they laughed. As the Year went on, we were learning about Amortentia in potions class. Snape was in a rather sour mood on that day, so everyone was rather careful around him. "Ms. Dubhghlas. What do you smell?"

Fred's Pov

Alek walked up to the cauldron where the pink potion sat. She leaned over slightly and wafted the potion to smell it. She sat for a moment stunned, before she pulled away. "I smell cinnamon and marshmallow firesides. Like a cold winter day spent by the fire as the snow falls." She paused and looked at George and me. "It smells like home." She joined the rest of class. "Weasley's." Snape snapped. George and I went up and did the same thing. "No doubt you smell the same thing so only one of you needs to tell me what you smell." Snape rolled his eyes and his frown deepened. "I smell... Lilacs, damp wood, and morning dew. Like a morning stroll in the woods." As I said this, I looked at Alek. "Very well. Class dismissed." He snapped and we left. I pulled George to the side. "Did you smell the same thing?" I asked and he nodded. "And she smelled..." George started but swallowed a lump. "Us." I finished.