Blood in the Water

"Mikah isn't anywhere on this floor!" Ezra shouted as they came out of the closet. "I checked everywhere!"

"They aren't under the couch or hiding in the fridge." Charlotte said as she stood up from the ground.

Alec pushed a couple of buttons on the elevator. "Let's check the upper floors. They could be upstairs."

"Five of you go up there." Adanna sternly ordered. "The rest of us will continue looking down here. Ezra, Indah, John, Vinny, and Alec should go."

The door to the elevator opened, and the five of them enter. Ezra paced around the small space. Indah nudged Vinny's elbow to talk to him. "How'd it go?" She whispered in his ear.

"Great, actually. John said he'd be happy to be friends, and he wants to hang out when we escape this place." Vinny cheerfully grinned. "But... something's still bothering me. I feel like I don't deserve to be forgiven. After all I've done, I think I should suffer days of torment. John says I shouldn't think about it, yet I still can't shake it off. Doesn't he feel any anger toward me? Why doesn't he hate me? Why does he forgive me?"

"Sorry Vinny, but we'll have to continue later. We're here." Indah declared as the elevator doors in front of them slid to the side. Ezra had asked Alec go bring them to the floor where Ezra would sleep at. Apparently the two shared a room for a reason unknown. The one with circular glasses sprinted to a door. All the doors to the bedrooms had a number on it, which made Indah wonder if this was an apartment building. Ezra slammed the door open and saw Mikah on the bed. Red stained the bedsheets and blood clotted on Mikah's lips. Ezra desperately tried to shake them awake, but they didn't say anything.

"Mikah... Mikah... Please tell me you're okay." Ezra cried as they hovered over them. "C'mon, this isn't funny. It isn't funny at all. Wake up! Wake up!"

Indah dipped her finger in the substance dripping from the bed. She sniffed the blood, and it had a peculiar scent. This smells like... tomatoes?

"Eugh, can all of you be quiet? I'm tryin' to sleep here." Mikah stretched and yawned. "Ezra, why are you crying?

"We thought you were dead!" Ezra shouted as tears ran down their face.

Mikah glances at their surroundings. "Oh, you must be talking about the ketchup. Sorry, I got a bit hungry, but then I was also tired, so I might've fallen asleep when I was eating."

Ezra muttered under their breath. "Idiot."

"Pardon me for interrupting, but we need to go right now. We have more important matters to discuss." Alec spoke. Mikah and Ezra stared at him for a moment before following him back to the first floor. Indah, Vinny and John amalgamated themselves with them.

As they returned, Indah observed Vinny conversing with his new friend. At least, she hoped John actually wanted to befriend him. She could understand why he wouldn't want to be with him, but he shouldn't lie. Vinny seemed to be the only one talking, and John stayed absolutely silent.

Charlotte immediately greeted them back at the first level. "Ohmigod, I was so worried for you. I'm really glad that-that another friend didn't have to die..."

Haneen hummed. "Hey, it seemed like the plan worked! That's wonderful! We should do this again tommorow."

"I already stated that we can't." Dan groaned in irritation. "It's against the rules. I would do it again if I had the authority to, but I don't."

"We should start the discussion now. I don't mean to be a killjoy, but it's required. I don't want to get executed." Alec interrupts.

Qasim held out a journal in everyone's view. He said with melancholy in his tone of voice. "Th-this is Carlos's journal. I found it in his room."