TIT's 66th Annual Freakishly Funky Fun Game Show

"Damn it, why'd it have to be when I was in the middle of cooking?" Jamila's eyes darted around the room.

    "Are you still by the counter?" Indah queried. "It'd be smart to stick together."

    "Oh, yes, I am. Now that I think about it, there should be a lantern in one of these cabinets. Omar told me he returned one and put it in there." She mused.

   Indah felt the surface of the smooth counter in an attempt to navigate her way? Her finger split when it walked against the sharpened knife laying asleep on the table. Her muscles winced as pain rushed to her brain. Liquid trickled down her finger, and it stained the handle of the drawer when Indah placed her hand on the rusty bar. She used her other free hand to snatch the lantern that stood still in the shadows. Jamila inched closer to her once the fluorescent bulb glowed. Her face observed Indah's index finger.

   "Your hand is bleeding." The one with afro puffs whispered. "Let's patch that up. C'mon, the bathroom isn't too far from here, and if anyone attacks you, I'll kick 'em to the curb."

    She had the look of a sigh. "It's only a mere cut. It's not a major predicament."

  "Yes, it is." Jamila put her hands on her hips. "Infections can be pretty serious."

    The lady with overalls took the lantern and Indah's hand. She tip toed through the hall with carpeting and a splintery, wooden floor beneath. Jamila twisted the knob, however, before she could push it open, someone at the other side shouted. "Occupied! Occupied!"

   "Oops, sorry." Jamila muttered aloud. "Well, I suppose we can wait."

   I wonder if Omar's safe. He should be at the top floor now, right? I hope the murderer doesn't push him out the window. Indah twirled her bangs of hair as she slid down to the floor. Jamila positioned herself to sit next to her. A loud ring passed through Indah's ear drums, which caused her to revolve her head so it would be directed toward the elevator's doors. The lights began to brighten, and the room was back to being illuminated. The barrier to the restroom had also swung open, and person with candy apple hair waltzed out of it.

   "That must be Omar." Indah slightly smiled.

   She crept toward the front of the machine and waited for the doors to open. As it shifted, Indah's eyes widened when she saw what awaited behind it. Blood was splattered all over the interior, and it led to the half of a person. Her eyes could witness muscles, bones and other organs drip out of it's mushy exterior. The victim's eyeballs were gouged out, and their expression was limp and dull. Some of the jet black hair of the corpse was cleanly sliced off.

   Jamila gasped and her jaw hung open. "K-Kim-ly?"

  Another person sauntered up to them. "Jeez Louise, what happened to the other half of her body?"

   "Do you think it was chopped off by the elevator?" Ezra, who was accompanied by Mikah, theorized.

   Mikah rubbed their chin. "Can it even do that? Don't you think it'd have a safety function, or something? Like, I'm pretty sure hydraulic presses have them."

   "Do you think Viola did this?" Adanna blurted out. "I mean, she did have a grudge against Kim-ly, and Kim-ly also had something against Viola."

   "Well, she'd have to be on a different floor than this one to do this." Jamila remarked.

   Someone with a blonde pretzel bun stood beside Adanna. "And I'm right here, so that's enough proof to say it wasn't me."

   "How many of us are on the first floor? If my calculations are correct, there should be eleven of us left, and seven of us are already here." Ezra glanced around the room to check if there was anymore people.