Blood Hound

"Hey, uh, Annie." Mikah whispers to the candy apple haired one. "I think they're looking straight at us."

    "C'mon, maybe they don't notice us yet. Let's give it 'nother minute, 'aight?" Annie shrugged.

    The culprit clothed in raven apparel tip toed toward the trio. Now a yard away, Annie turned the other way and broke into a sprint. She was heading toward the vent that led to the terrace.

 She was heading toward the vent that led to the terrace

   "Well... fuck." Ezra groaned and face palmed themselves.

    Annie crawled into the tunnel and yelled. "Adios!"

   "Oh no, what do we do now!?" Mikah exclaimed.

    The murderer drew their sharpened blade and held it to their own neck, signaling they were going to slit Mikah and Ezra's throats open. An entire droplet of sweat ran down their forehead, moistening it. Mikah wiped it off and bit at their nails, which is quite unsanitary as they were putting sweat near the oral area.

    "We should probably flee." Ezra took a step backward before also revolving to dash away from the scene.

    Mikah threw themselves into the vent. "Wait for us, Annie!"

   As they creeped through the tunnel, a sound of skittering banged loudly against the stiff metal walls. Mikah briefly glanced behind them and exasperatedly sighed. "Oh, it's just your hairy tumor. Did you really have to bring your dog along?"

   "He don't bite or anything. Let him do what he wants." Annie retorted with a smirk.

   Suddenly, the narrow hallway vibrated as something plunged into the ground. Ezra, who was in front of Mikah, spun their head around and whimpered. "The culprit's chasing us!"

   "Yeah, yeah, just hustle. It's not like they can run in this cramped tunnel of a vent." She seemed entirely unfazed. It was at that moment where Mikah realized that her recklessness, overconfidence and stupidity had technically made her fearless.

    Annie punched the door blocking the entrance to the stargazing room with her bare fist. She held it in pain for a mere second and groaned. After Mikah, Ezra, and Blackey had tumbled out of the dark, confined vent, she placed the large telescope over the opening so they could buy more time to hide. The redhead rolled under the bed with purple sheets and her fluffy dog followed her. Ezra unlatched the closet door with minimal noise and hid inside it. Mikah frantically paced around the room deciding where to hide themselves.

   I could hide myself behind the vent's gate, so when the murderer barges in, I won't be in there sight. Ugh, but they're too clever. I mean, they lasted this long without getting caught. Hey, what if I go into the next room nearby? Hm, I think I'll just be a lamp. Mikah walked over to the lamp and ripped off it's head. They placed the lamp shade over the upper part of their body. They'll never guess that it's me. I'm so smart.