Don't Eat My Treats

"Well damn, that was one heck of a night." Mikah groaned as they stretched their arms toward the ceiling.

"We did see Dan get kidnapped by that fish." Ezra remarked and held back a chuckle. "At least no one died that night."

Mikah sat still on the bed and pondered. "Hey... since Dan escaped the building, do you think he'll come back to help us?"

An obstreperous noise reverberated and the entire building shook. Mikah was now entirely awake and rushed to the window. Ezra and them peeked through the transparent glass and saw someone with a hammer chipping away at the building (and a fish).

Mikah looked at Ezra with an excited face expression. "Dude, I told you Dan was the perfect man. He didn't leave you to die! C'mon, we gotta get him to notice us. Maybe Josephine can catch us at the bottom of the building with those muscular legs. Let's break the glass."

"Are you out of your mind?!" Ezra shreiked viscously. "If we break the glass, it'll be a hazard! If we fail, then the murderer could later use this as a murder weapon, and also, Josephine could miss, and we'll fall to our demise!"

The one with the hat didn't listen to Ezra and obtained a heavy mallet. Ezra quickly dodged as the mallet zoomed toward the window. Fragments of glass glittered in the bright sunlight as they scattered across the ground outside. Mikah was partially out the window and Ezra panicked because they were worried that their friend would fall and die from impact.

"Yo! Dan, can you hear us!" They screamed at the top of their lungs in hopes of getting his and Josephine's attention. "We're up here!"

Dan looked at them and waved. Josephine would also wave if he had hands. "Hi, Mikah! We're trying to get you out, but the concrete won't budge!"

Ezra gently pushed Mikah out of the way and added. "Stop what you're doing! If you manage to break the wall, the whole building could topple and kill us all!"

"It will?" He asked, surprised. "What should I do!"

Mikah shoved Ezra out of the way and responded as they pointed to Josephine. "Have Josephine catch us, or maybe he can jump up here and carry us!"

"I won't allow that." The host snickered. A rocket launcher appeared from a trapdoor attached to the wall of the building hit Josephine and sent him flying back to the universe he came from.

Dan appeared to be upset when Josephine disappeared. I wonder what Josephine and Dan did yesterday. Did they go on a date or something? Mikah thought to themselves. Suddenly they crafted an idea, so they yelled to Dan. "Hey, can you call the police or the fire department! You can now that you're out of the building!"

"Don't you dare." The speaker said in a dark and dangerous tone. "Do you want Dan to die?"

Mikah swallowed their spit. Damn it, I don't want a death on my hands. But what about the other people? Well, if Dan dies, then there would be no one to help us. "Dan, forget what I said! Stay put, okay!"

"Okay, but why!" He commented on their sudden command.

"We'll tell you later!" Ezra replied. "We need to do something first!"

Erza and Mikah parted ways with Dan and drifted away from the now broken window. Mikah raised a brow and questioned Ezra's actions. "We could've told him there. Something up? 'Cause I know we're not busy right now."

They harshly coughed. "My throat's starting to hurt after that excessive shouting. Isn't yours starting to feel scratchy, too?"

"Yeah, I guess, but this conservation is pretty important. Actually, maybe we would be busy now." Mikah broke into a whisper. "We need to come up with a plan to escape. We know Dan's outside, so we gotta find a way for him to help us without gettin' him killed. Joe's out of the story 'cause he's been launched into the atmosphere, and we can't get help from the police or fire department. The host would kill us if we screamed for help. Well, they never said they would, but I'm assuming they would."