Remove a Tooth For Each Lie

She pushed the seal out of her way. It fell to the floor, causing the metal to collide with the flooring, making a loud ring. She trotted beside Charlotte and whispered into her ear. "You know I don't like it when other people interfere with my work. I know what you and those other two did. I wasn't intending to kill you, but if I want to win, I'm going to need the least amount of threats possible."

  "What?" Charlotte was taken aback.

  Viola inched closer, and Charlotte stepped backward. Now the one with the mustard shirt had pinned her against the wall. Charlotte glanced behind her. It's a vent. Well, I already knew this was here. I may as well use this to my advantage. Viola unsheathed her blade, preparing to strike.

  "En garde!" She held it in the air before swinging it down. Haneen's eyes widened as she simply watched the scene go down. Fortunately, Charlotte had kicked open the entrance to the passage and had threw herself in there. The most Viola had done to her was grazing the sole of her foot with the sharp edge of the cleaver. The drop to the first floor wasn't immensely long, as she was only on the second story. Once she landed on the ground, her arm twisted upon impact. The actress grunted as the pain rushed to her head. She perked herself up and swerved her head to clarify her current destination. It appears I'm in the bathroom. She mused.

  Suddenly, a voice crossed her ears. "Do you mind?"

  "Oh, uhm, sincerest apologies, Jamila." Charlotte awkwardly scrambled out of the bathroom.

  After exiting the restroom, Charlotte creeped to the lounge room emitting a source of light. A tiny moth fluttered around the area. There was a colossal lantern sitting idle on the coffee table. Beside the table was the couch that Dan was sleeping on, and next to him was someone unfamiliar. Although, Charlotte could tell that the person was his little brother. The sound of shuffling against the carpet had caught the woman's attention. She swiftly turned behind her and spoke. "Oh, it's just you two."

  "We heard a crash from the bathroom." Ezra furrowed their brows, evidently concerned. "We were going to investigate. However, Jamila yelled 'occupied' at us. So, we asked her if anything happened, and she said you barged in through the ceiling."

  "So, like, what happened?" Mikah inquired.

  "I was going to stay in my room, but I saw Haneen at the end of the hall, so I talked to her. After that, the lights flickered and I saw Viola above, dwelling in the vents." Charlotte explained.

  Mikah gasped. "She knows about it too!? Damn, now I feel left out."

  "Just continue." Ezra said and glared at Mikah.

  "Viola came out and ambushed me. Fortunately, I fled by escaping through the vent behind me, but at the cost of breaking my arm." Charlotte pulled up her arm to show them the damage. "I'm not certain to what happened to Haneen."

  Mikah crossed their arms and rolled their eyes. "Well, that's very preemptive of her. Anyway, are you alright? I can go grab you something to help your arm."

  "That would be wonderful, thank you." Charlotte softly smiled. Mikah grinned back and sprinted into the distance to obtain medical supplies.

   She was alone with Ezra. Ezra stared at her and murmured. "Uhm, how are doing? Mentally, I mean. You just had a near death experience. I'm sorry, does this come off the wrong way?"