Evil Never Sleeps

Jays POV - for some really weird reason I am enjoying Jays POV in this story lol. 

An alarm blared, sounding an annoying beep throughout the Bounty. I rolled over and glanced at the clock, taking a sigh and stretching. I placed my feet on the floor and spun into my ninja outfit. I knew whatever time it was, it doesn't matter. Whatever the problem is, we would be there.

Because we are ninja.

Even at two in the morning.

We are happy to help.

At two in the morning.

I walked into the hallway and headed straight for the control room, dodging Cole as he came barreling into the hallway, rubbing his eyes and trying to get the sleep out of them.

"It is two in the morning!" he croaked, plugging one of his ears as the blaring sound echoed throughout the hallway.

I patted him on the back and together we made our way down the hallway. When we got into the control room, Nya was already there. Her room was connected to the control room so she could have quick access to the systems. Zane was helping her identify something on the screen and Kai barreled in behind us.

Nya turned around. "Good. You are all here." She looked at us all and peered behind us. "Where is Lloyd?" 

Sure enough, that little stinker wasn't here yet.

"Why does he get to sleep in?!" Cole moaned, slumping into a chair. "I was having a good dream!" 

"Evil never sleeps and neither do we!" Lloyd quoted, choosing that moment to enter the room. He was pulling along a sleepy-eyed Dom, who weirdly enough looked ready to help in anyway she could. She was buzzing with excitement, despite trying to keep her eyes open. When Ember stayed with our group, we had made another small room off the game room. Now Dom stays in there.

Chances are Lloyd made sure she came to this meeting. She had to get used to our normal activities after all.

"Is it zombies?" the girl asked.

"Zombies don't exist," Zane told the girl in teal. "They are made up."

She blinked at him.

"Okay!" Nya interrupted. "Apparently there has been a break in at the library. Someone seems to still be in there as the police have surrounded the building and said nobody has gone in or out." She nodded toward Lloyd. The Green Ninja took over.

"Here is the plan, team!" The energy was high in the voice, almost begging us to wake up and pay attention. "Kai, Zane, and Cole will help the police in securing the building. Zane, you especially check for clues surrounding the place for who broke in." The ninja turned toward Nya. "Nya, I need you to be up here with surveillance cameras. There is probably a lot of footage to go through. Dom, you stay with Nya and learn how to use our systems."

"I can't go along?"

"No." Lloyd shut that idea down quite quickly and turned toward me. "Jay and I will go inside the building and see if we can locate the intruder. Cole, stay alert as you will be our back-up." Cole saluted. 

Kai took a step forward and I blinked in surprise. He spoke. "I think Dom should do some ground work."

Lloyd glared at the fire ninja and I wondered if it had something to do with Dom crying on the deck before. "No Kai. She is staying up here with Nya."

"Why."

"Because she is not a ninja."

"She wants to learn doesn't she?" Kai argued back, taking a step toward Lloyd. Nya, steering the ship at this time, shot me a confused glance as the Bounty glided through the sky's fresh air. I shrugged back to her, pretending not to know anything. "What better way then seeing the action."