Help Me, Sensei

Kais POV

I sat straight up in bed, hair on edge as I heard a shrill scream.

Some people say that I can sleep through anything, even a fire alarm, but it's not true.

Besides. They are making that assumption just because I did one time.

Anyway, the scream went on, followed by a "oh my pants!"

My eyebrow went up and I headed toward the screaming and commotion. It seemed to be in the kitchen.

I rubbed my eyes and spiked my hair up as I entered.

Lloyd was trying to wipe off his butt, which was dripping orange... juice? Ember was just laughing on the floor, not doing anything.

Wait.

I mean Dom.

Dom was laughing.

I caught my reflection in the kitchen window, since it was still dark. My eyes gleamed back at me.

Nope. Wasn't just a nightmare. It was true. Again. I have to wake up to this reality everyday.

I spiked my hair up and sighed at myself in the mirror. I was hideous.

Lloyd grumbled by me, hitting me on the shoulder and saying something about 'changing his pants.'

Dom caught my eye. "Oh! Hey Kai!"

"Hi."

"Do you want some breakfast? I was making some-"

"No." I cut her off. I rubbed my eyes again.

"Oh. Okay. I mean, I know I'm not that good of a cook, but it could still-"

"Dom." I rubbed my forehead. "Nothing about your cooking, I'm just not hungry. Besides, you are an amazing cook."

Dom froze mid bacon flip. "How do you know that?"

I paused.

She continued. "I've only been here a week and this is the first time I'm cooking."

I stuttered. "I-I just know, you know. I can smell it."

She slowly nodded, but continued to stare. Her hand went into the bacon grease a little and she shrieked.

I quickly grabbed her hand and pushed it under the tap, turning on the ice cold water.

She looked at me in surprise. Her eyes were so green and so wide. Was she... scared?

"Hey little sister, don't run so fast!"

Dom pranced through the daisy field, laughing as she twirled. Then she collapsed in a heap of daisies. I ran up next to her.

"Are you okay?" I laughed.

She flipped from her stomach to her back and pulled me down with her. "Oh Ember, you silly. Of course I'm okay. I have my older sister to protect me."

I smiled as my little sister beamed at me.

Her green eyes pierced my soul.

I gasped and shielded myself away from her. "K-keep that hand under cold water and don't burn it again," I instructed strictly. I swiftly turned and walked out of the room.

"Kai!" she called back. I didn't answer. I walked past Lloyd, who was heading into the kitchen again, this time wearing his extra ninja suit without orange juice on it.

"Woah, Kai. Watch where you are going, dude."

"Just- get out of my way, kid."

I stormed up to Sensei, who was meditating in the hallway, across from Zane, who was behind a random painting for some reason.

"Sensei, I need to-"

"AGH," a robotic scream came from behind me. I jumped six feet and twirled, seeing Zane looking in horror right into a painting. His eyes blinked, trying to process how he had entered into an enormous battle while meditating.

Then he met my eyes peering over the painting at him.

"Oh, I am sorry Kai. I seemed to have interrupted your talk. Carry on." He then picked up the painting and hung it in its original spot and left.

I turned back to my Sensei. He was awake now, blinking at me.

"Help me, Sensei. I need to know what's happening with me. I keep having these weird vision things that annoy the life out of me and I never know what they mean-"

"My pupil," Sensei began. "Tell me about this vision."

"It was Dom," I confessed. "I saw her green eyes and it took me to another world. I saw her in a daisy field and she was talking to Ember."

"Mhmm," Sensei hummed. "Have you tried connecting with Dom?"

"Excuse me?!"

Sensei chuckled and that beard of his wiggled. "Ember was Dom's sister. And from what I know they had a really close bond."

"Yes," I agreed. "Ember was super protective."

"And you know this how?"

I paused. "I-I'm not sure!"

Sensei nodded thoughtfully. "Kai, you have now merged with Ember. You need to be mindful of her feelings. Even if you don't like it, they are now a part of you. I suggest that you see if you can mend that sister bond with Dom. It will calm your mind and sooth you into this new world."

I looked in disgust. "But I don't wanna have another sister. I already have Nya. And trust me, that's a load full. First I need to protect her when she's fighting and also against Jay! I can't do that with Dom and protect her from Lloyd as well!"

Sensei nodded thoughtfully again, then turned away from me, reentering his meditation position. "That's my advice. Peace will come if you reconnect. Besides, Dom needs an older sibling to connect with as well."

I stormed away. What kind of advice was that? I'm never gonna be Domonique's older brother. Who cares about Ember?! This is me!

"AHH!" I screamed in rage. Flames leapt up my arms.

This wasn't fair. I didn't want this!

FIRE NINJA O-U-T!

Any suggestions on what to do next?!