12 💫

"She'll be eating with me, sorry."

Goeun smiles at the boy as she takes Nari's arm.

"Oh," Hyunjae switches his gaze between the two. "Okay then. See you guys around." He smiles at the pair before walking away.

Nari turns to the girl with a confused look.

"I sensed the tension between you and Lana when you first came," Goeun says. "And today just confirmed that there's obviously some sort of beef between you two."

Nari awkwardly smiles at her, not knowing what to say.

"Don't worry, I don't like her either." Goeun assures her. Nari lets out a small laugh of relief. She was glad to know someone else in her work place didn't like Lana.

It seems like everyone does.

"I thought would everyone like her," Nari says. "She seems very lovable."

Goeun laughs at her sarcastic comment. "Let's go," she grabs her hand. "I know a place we can eat."

・・・

Nari softly knocks on the door, entering when she hears a faint voice telling her to come in.

She smiles. "Hi," she softly says. "How are you feeling?"

"Rihyeok?"

Nari smile slightly falls. "No mom, it's Nari," she gently replies. "Your daughter..."

"I don't have a daughter," her mother says, looking at her blankly. "Where's my Rihyeok?"

"Mom..." Nari looks at her hopelessly.

"Nari?"

"How's school going?"

Her dad asks, stirring the cup of coffee in front of him.

Nari takes a sip from her cup. "It's going okay," she says. "Exams were a couple weeks ago. It was pretty stressful."

"I'm sure you did good," he smiles at her. "You're good at cheating."

She chokes on her drink. "Dad, that was in middle school. And the test wasn't even that important."

He chuckles. "Mm, yeah, the end of the year test wasn't important."

Nari groans. "That was the past, pa. I'm a changed person." She sassily tosses her hair.

"Yeah, I'm sure you've changed," he sarcastically says, making Nari glare at him. He chuckles. "Oh."

Nari looks at him, slightly tilting her head, waiting for him to continue. Seeing her dad's expression changes to a mischievous one makes her slightly worried for what he's gonna say next.

"Soo..." he smirks. "Any boyfriends yet?" Nari scoffs out a laugh at the question.

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"Aw, c'mon—" he smacks her hand. "—not even a date?"