3💫

"Changmin...?"

"Oh hey," he smiles at the girl. "You're finally here."

Nari's eyes widen. "Oh no, how long were you waiting?" She quickly walks up to the door to her apartment, unlocking it. "You should've told me that you were here. Did you eat yet? Are you hungry?"

Changmin laughs at the girl. "Don't worry, I've only been waiting for 20 minutes." He knew it was a lie. He's been outside her apartment for almost an hour now, but he didn't want the girl to feel guilty.

"And yeah, I did eat so don't worry." He smiles at Nari, taking his shoes off before sitting down on the couch. "I bought us some macaroons."

Truthfully, Changmin wanted to spend time with the girl, but when he asked Kevin if he knew where she was, all he replied with was a "idk". So he came to their apartment, only to find out no one was home.

"Ooo nice," Nari says, taking the he placed on the coffee table. She smiles when she opens the box. All her favorite flavors are there. "We should eat them before Kevin and Juyeon get here."

"Where were you before you got here?" Changmin asks, taking a bite from a macaroon.
"Oh, I was with Jacob," Nari says, taking a bite from the macaroon she took. "We ran into each other, and he asked me out to dinner."

Changmin whips is head in her direction. Furrowing his eyebrows, "He asked you out on a date?" he asks in shock.

"What? No," she almost immediately replies. "It was like a hangout. We got to know each other more, so uh yeah."

"Ooh..." He slowly nods, averting his gaze from her. "Did you have fun...?" he asks in a quiet tone, slowly bringing his eyes back to the girl.

"Yeah," A small smile forms on her lips. "I figured out that we have a lot in common."

Changmin's face drops, but before Nari could notice, he lets out a small laugh. "Now that I think of it, you guys do."

・・・

Nari sits up in her bed, sighing. It's another night where insomnia gets the best of her. She gets out her bed, and heads to the kitchen.

"Yo."
She jumps at the sudden voice. Turning to the person, she sighs, putting her hand on her chest.
"Kevin you scared me."

"Well, I'm sorry." He stands up from the couch, following Nari to the kitchen. "I heard you went out with Jacob."

She gives him a look. "As friends," he adds, not wanting to get hit by the girl.
"Yeah," she says, looking at the guy. She blinks at him as he just stands there looking back at her. "Is that it...?"

"Oh," he breaks the eye contact between them. "Was I supposed to say something else?"
Nari gives a confused look. "I thought you were gonna say something else..?"

"No," he says, taking out a water bottle from the fridge. "Why are you still up?"
Nari takes out stuff needed to make her tea. "Can't sleep."

"Samee," Kevin looks hesitantly at the girl before asking. "Do you perhaps... like Changmin?"
Nari almost drops the kettle she's holding.

"I- uh- pardon?" Kevin smirks at the girl.
"Aww, don't be shy, tell me. I'm good at keeping secrets."

"Why do you ask..?" Nari avoids eye contact with the boy.
"Because it's a little obvious."

"What!" Nari exclaims, looking at the boy with wide eyes. "Actually? How though? What do I do to make it obvious?"

"Ah, so you do like him," Kevin says with a smile. Nari clicks her tongue, taking her sock off and throwing it at the boy.

"Ah—" he dramatically drops to the floor. "Don't worry I won't tell him, or anyone." Kevin assures the girl, staying on the ground.

"You better not."

・・・

Nari walks out of her class. Her last lecture just finished and she doesn't know where to go. She really didn't feel like studying, so she walked out of campus.

Not paying attention to her surroundings, she comes in contact with someone's chest. But before she can fall, the person manages to catch her.

"Oh hi," Jacob smiles at the girl, letting her go. She smiles back at him. "I'm sorry," she bows to the older.

"Aye, no need to be so formal," Jacob says, lightly slapping her shoulder. "We're friends now, right?"

Nari gives him an awkward smile, "Yeah..."
"Where—"

"Narii~!"
The two turn around and see Changmin, along with Chanhee and Hyunjae.

"Hi Jacob," Hyunjae says, giving him a hug. Chanhee and Changmin smile at the older, greeting him as well. Changmin switches his gaze between Jacob and Nari.

"Uh... were we disturbing something...?"
"Oh, no," Jacob says, Changmin lets out a small sigh of relieve. "I just bumped into her."

"Anyways, I was looking for you Jacob," Hyunjae says. "Sangyeon needs us for something, I don't know what for though."

"Oh okay then," Jacob says. "Bye guys." He looks at the three 98' liners. Changmin noticed how his smile got bigger when his eyes went to Nari.

"Bye bye," they all say.

・・・

The three decided to go to a cafe, where they will meet up with Kevin and Juyeon.

Once they arrive, they sit at a table near the corner of the cafe. It had just enough seats for the five of them.

"When did you get close with Jacob?" Chanhee asks Nari.
"We're not that close, but we hung out yesterday."

Nari proceeds to tell them what happened yesterday.

"Hold up, I need to pee." She quickly stands up and runs to the bathroom.

Chanhee looks at Changmin. "You like her don't you?"
Changmin chokes on his drink. "What do you mean?"

"Don't act clueless, Changmin. I saw the jealousy in your eyes when Jacob and Nari were together. And don't think I didn't see you frown when Nari started talking about their hangout."

Changmin avoids Chanhee's gaze, making the blonde boy sigh. "Don't think I didn't hear you scream when we got back to our apartment the day we went to the festival."

"You were like—"
"Okay, fine, I like her!" Changmin says a little too loudly.

"Like who?"