1💫

star: a luminous point in the night sky

you always said i was a star when we were younger. that made me happy, very happy. so i wanted to continue being a star

i wanted to be that light in the night sky because you were mine, even if i never told you. 

i wanted to spread happiness to other people like you did, i wanted to shine as bright as you did just by being there

but

Nari closes her journal when she hears someone call out her name.

"Nari!" Changmin yells, running to the girl.
She smiles at the boy. "Yes?"

"There's a small festival that's gonna take place nearby tonight," Changmin says, catching his breath before continuing. "It's gonna go on for a few days, so me and the others wanted to go before exams."

"So you want me to come..?"
"Well duh," he takes a seat in front of Nari. "Of course I'd want you to come."

He smiles at her, making his dimples appear. A charm of his that made Nari go soft for the boy.  She smiles back at the boy, holding back the urge to poke his cheeks.

・・・

"You cannot tell me I'm exaggerating," Kevin exclaims. "Look, I like children, but that kid was a different breed."

Nari chuckles at Kevin's statement, while Changmin and Chanhee comment on how he's probably just bad at taking care of one.

They're all on their first year of university. Nari and Kevin have classes in the same building, while Changmin and Chanhee are majoring in different things.

"Soo, who's gonna come tonight?" Chanhee asks.
"Me and Nari are," Changmin answers. Nari nods.

"I asked Jacob, he said he might. I'll ask Juyeon later. Uhm, Hyunjae and Sangyeon, I don't really know." Kevin says. He looks at Chanhee. "How about Younghoon?"

"He hasn't read my message," Chanhee shrugs. "Knowing that the exams are close, Sangyeon probably won't come. He can be a workaholic."

The other three agree with his statement.

All of them have now reached the gate of the uni. Nari daps it up (lmaohakdjs) with Changmin and Chanhee before parting ways with the two. Kevin gives the two a hug before catching up with Nari.

"It's your turn to do the dishes by the way," Kevin says with a cheeky grin. Nari lets out a groan.

"I thought it was Juyeon's," Nari whines.
"Well you thought wrong," the latter retorts.

・・・

Nari holds her pencil, while resting her head on her hand, contemplating on whether she should continue her writing.

they say journaling helps.

Nari sighs. Putting the pencil down and leaning back on her chair. Closing her eyes, and relaxing her body.

"NARII!!" Kevin shouts. "LETS GOOO!" 
"OKAYY!" Nari answers back. She quickly grabs a hoodie, and runs to the front door.

"Is Juyeon coming?"

"No, he said he promised to treat the kids tonight," Kevin sniffs. "Yet he never treats us." He dries his fake tears.