2💫

Chanhee slaps his hand across his face, looking at the two figures. He violently shakes Hyunjae, who is sitting next to him. The other two still busy bickering.

"What?"
Chanhee points to the two figures. Hyunjae lets out a dramatic gasp. The other two stop bickering, looking at what Chanhee and Hyunjae are so shock about.

Kevin lets out an unearthly screech, while Younghoon's mouth hangs open.

The sudden halt of conversations to their right made Nari look to her side. She sees that three of them are looking at the two with shocked expressions. While Kevin gives her a teasing look.

She looks away with a flushed face.
"Thank you, but I'm fine," Nari unwraps herself from Changmin.

"Aw, I know you liked it," Changmin says, wrapping her with his coat once again.
"Noo, I'm goood," Nari says, trying to unwrap herself. Once she managed to do so, she tries running away.

But before she can run to the rest of their friends, Changmin gets ahold of her arm, embracing her in a hug. This time, with the girl facing him.

"No need to be embarrassed."

・・・

Nari groans as Kevin starts teasing her about what happened between her and Changmin earlier at the river for the tenth time.

"Kevin, no," she gives the boy a stern look. "Shut up."

"How can I when I witness you being in a drama, like girl–" he flicks his hand towards her. "Aren't you even at least flustered or... happy?"

She chuckles. Kevin suspects that she has feelings for the boy, but he has never asked. They all first met her in high school, and he saw the way her eyes looked at Changmin in awe when they first met. And she still has those eyes for him.

"Of course I was flustered," she honestly answers him. "You would be if someone randomly did that."

"Eh, yeah, I guess." Kevin says, opening the door to their apartment.

"What the—" Nari and Kevin say at the same time. Questioning the sight in front of them.

"Welcome, fellow roomies of Juyeon," Eric says, wearing a pot on top of his head while holding a wooden spoon.

Haknyeon was in the living room, trying to follow a tutorial on how to bake a cake on the TV. While Sunwoo was laying down on the kitchen table with a face mask on.

"Why are you guys here...?" Nari questions.
"Sorry, they wanted to come visit since they haven't been here in a while," They hear Juyeon say from the kitchen.

"There's a reason why they haven't been here in a while..." Kevin states, his voice trailing off at the end of the sentence.

"My condolences to your fish, by the way." Eric says. Nari gives him a confused face.
"Huh..?"

"Your fishy...?"

...

Eric gasps. "So your guys' pet fish never died, and you guys weren't mourning over its death for 3 weeks straight, and you just made that up because you didn't want us here," Eric exclaims.

Nari blinks rapidly. A fish of theirs never died. They don't even own a fish. "Good luck," she whispers to Kevin before running to her room.

・・・

Nari lays in her bed staring at the glow in the dark stars she stuck onto the ceiling.

She looks at the clock on her bedside table, 2:47 am.
She sighs, quietly getting up from her bed and sitting down at her desk.