Chapter 2

The world seemed to be falling around Sans. He was only six years old, and he could not comprehend what just happened. He immediately teleported himself back to his room in the Lab. He closed his eyes tight. "no, no, no, what did i do??"

Suddenly, the glitching around him stopped. He looked up. He didn't know what to do. Did what just happened really happen? "i'm sure he's fine. i'm going to go into his lab and see him there." Sans got up and made his way down to where Gaster usually spent most of his time working. He called out. "hello? dad?" No response.

"is anyone here? please! i'm all alone."

But nobody came.

Suddenly, Sans heard soft cries. He ran straight towards the noise, desperate to find someone, anyone! He ran into the room he use to be tested in, to find a small child lying on an operating table.

The child seemed to be crying in it's sleep. Sans had a look of concern on his face. Slowly, he approached the child. He carefully picked it up. The child's soft sobs stopped, and it peacefully slept in Sans's arms. Sans looked down at the child, and smiled. His worries about his dad washing away. "don't worry. i'm here for you. nothing bad will happen. i'll protect you." Sans smiled at the kid. He looked around. It looked like Gaster had been testing on this kid instead of him. Sans pushed away those thoughts though.

Sans stayed down there for a while, waiting for Gaster to come back for them, but he never did. Suddenly, the child began to stir. The baby looked up at him, and reached for Sans's face. Sans smiled. "hello. i'm sans." The child didn't speak. Sans smiled at him. He had only known this kid for a short time, but he already felt like he needed to protect it.

After a long time, Sans gave up on waiting for Gaster to come back. He was gone. It was time to figure out what to do next. Sans looked over at a Machine in the room. It had a bunch of buttons and functions Sans didn't understand, but Sans saw a note on it.

☜︎☠︎❄︎☼︎✡︎ ☠︎🕆︎💣︎👌︎☜︎☼︎

❄︎☟︎☜︎ 👍︎⚐︎☼︎☜︎ ✋︎💧︎ ✋︎☠︎👍︎☼︎☜︎👎︎✋︎👌︎☹︎✡︎ 🕆︎☠︎💧︎❄︎✌︎👌︎☹︎☜︎📬︎ ✋︎☞︎ ⚐︎☠︎☜︎ 🕈︎☜︎☼︎☜︎ ❄︎⚐︎ ☞︎✌︎☹︎☹︎ ✋︎☠︎📪︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎✡︎ 👍︎⚐︎🕆︎☹︎👎︎ 👌︎☜︎ 💧︎☟︎✌︎❄︎❄︎☜︎☼︎☜︎👎︎ ✌︎👍︎☼︎⚐︎💧︎💧︎ ☼︎☜︎✌︎☹︎✋︎❄︎✡︎📬︎ ❄︎☟︎✋︎💧︎ 💣︎✌︎👍︎☟︎✋︎☠︎☜︎ 🕈︎✌︎💧︎ 👍︎☼︎☜︎✌︎❄︎☜︎👎︎ ❄︎⚐︎ 🏱︎⚐︎❄︎☜︎☠︎❄︎✋︎✌︎☹︎☹︎✡︎ ☼︎☜︎❄︎☼︎☜︎✌︎✞︎☜︎ ✌︎ 💣︎⚐︎☠︎💧︎❄︎☜︎☼︎ ✋︎☞︎ ❄︎☟︎✋︎💧︎ 🕈︎☜︎☼︎☜︎ ❄︎⚐︎ ☟︎✌︎🏱︎🏱︎☜︎☠︎📪︎ ☟︎⚐︎🕈︎☜︎✞︎☜︎☼︎ ✋︎❄︎ ☟︎✌︎💧︎ ☠︎⚐︎ 🕆︎💧︎☜︎📬︎ ✋︎☞︎ 💧︎⚐︎💣︎☜︎⚐︎☠︎☜︎ 🕈︎☜︎☼︎☜︎ ❄︎⚐︎ ☞︎✌︎☹︎☹︎ ✋︎☠︎📪︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎✡︎ 🕈︎⚐︎🕆︎☹︎👎︎ 👌︎☜︎ 💧︎🏱︎☹︎✋︎❄︎ ✋︎☠︎❄︎⚐︎ ❄︎⚐︎ 💣︎✌︎☠︎✡︎ ☞︎☼︎✌︎☝︎💣︎☜︎☠︎❄︎💧︎📬︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎☼︎☜︎ 🕈︎⚐︎🕆︎☹︎👎︎ 👌︎☜︎ ☠︎⚐︎ ☟︎⚐︎🏱︎☜︎ ☞︎⚐︎☼︎ ☼︎☜︎❄︎☼︎☜︎✌︎✞︎✋︎☠︎☝︎ ❄︎☟︎☜︎💣︎📬︎ (ENTRY NUMBER - THE CORE IS INCREDIBLY UNSTABLE. IF ONE WERE TO FALL IN, THEY COULD BE SHATTERED ACROSS REALITY. THIS MACHINE WAS CREATED TO POTENTIALLY RETRIEVE A MONSTER IF THIS WERE TO HAPPEN, HOWEVER IT HAS NO USE. IF SOMEONE WERE TO FALL IN, THEY WOULD BE SPLIT INTO TO MANY FRAGMENTS. THERE WOULD BE NO HOPE FOR RETRIEVING THEM.)

Sans decided, he had to take the child and the machine and find help.

As he got outside, there were a few monsters roaming around. They kinda scared him, since he had never really seen any other monsters. Whenever he asked them about Gaster, they all acted like they didn't know who he was talking about. This frustrated Sans. Did no one know who Gaster was? "how can you not know? he is the royal scientist!"

Days of searching turned into weeks, which turned into months. Eventually, Sans felt he needed to find a real place to stay. He needed to make sure the child was safe. Every time he looked down at the baby, he felt filled with hope. The child's eyes were filled with hope and compassion, something the other monsters around him lacked.

Eventually, Sans found a small abandoned shack to stay in. He asked adults for help, but people here seemed very...edgy. Sans realized that he needed to take care of this child on his own. He sighed. "once i get dad back, he can fix everything."