Chapter 5

"the royal guard??" Sans asked. Papyrus nodded. "YES SANS! THEY ARE SO COOL AND IMPORTANT! I WANT TO BE COOL AND IMPORTANT JUST LIKE THEM!" Sans looked down. How to let Papyrus down gently. Sans knew they would never let Papyrus into the guard, and if they did, that would practically make him a walking target. People in powerful positions tend to have lots of enemies.

"you sure you want to join the guard. i mean, you know, it's a really tough job." Papyrus jumped up and beamed. "THE GREAT PAPYRUS WILL BECOME THE GREATEST ROYAL GUARDSMAN!" Sans smiled at his younger brother. He couldn't say no to him. He decided to just help him out and wait for the problem to take care of itself. No way captain Undyne would even consider letting him in. "alright paps, if that's what you want, then that's what we'll do." Besides, training for the royal guard could help toughen Papyrus up, so he wouldn't need to be protected all the time. 

Sans got a few books from the  library. "alright paps, as a royal guardsmen you need to know how to defend yourself and protect the innocent. Show me what magic you can do!" The young Papyrus lifted his hand, summoning a line of bones towards the wall, but stopping them before hitting anything. Sans smiled. His brother was actually rather good at magic. Not as good as him, but still good. "okay paps. can you turn my soul blue?" Sans asked. Papyrus nodded, and turned Sans's soul blue, cause him to sink to the floor a little. "good job paps! now, can you summon a blaster?" Papyrus looked worried. "NO. I DON'T WANT TO. THOSE COULD REALLY END UP HURTING SOMEONE." Sans smiled at his brother. Always the pacifist. "alright bro, we won't summon any blasters.

Papyrus continued to practice. He had actually gotten pretty good. Sans was proud of how far he was coming, even though he knew that Papyrus would likely never get into the Royal Guard. He was still proud of his little bro.